PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet

[N0VA]
28-02-03, 03:54 PM
I want a badboy bonnet but i dont want to fork out on a whole new bonnet , so i was just wondering if i spray-painted over a part of the headlight so it looks like a boy boy bonnet kit, i'd just like someone's opinion on this as i dont know whether it wuld look shit or not.

Cheers for any advice.

Ben (lurk75)
28-02-03, 04:19 PM
Dont spray your lights, you can either buy some eyebrows for them or get some white stickers to do it. Either way it wont have such an effect as a whole bonnet, but as you asked it is a cheap modification.

Dont spray your lights!!!

Jim
28-02-03, 04:38 PM
Don't do it, LOL.

You can buy a piece of kit that either replaces the standard grill or attaches to the standard grill. It has pieces of plastic that cover the tops of the lights, giving the impression of a badboy bonnet.

Chris Tunnicliffes car his it, along with David Prasads...

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=256

Look at the bottom picture on the silver Gsi, you can see the shape of the grill going over the headlights.

Jim

djp_y2k
28-02-03, 06:35 PM
Please wot ever u do dont spray ur lights.

U dont need to buy a new bonnet to do a bad boy. If you cant afford to get it done, buy some eyebrows or I think there is a grill out with eye brows built into it.

ade
28-02-03, 11:55 PM
yeah light spraying is not good - the police can in some areas ask you to remove them and if youve sprayed them on?

In my opinion eyebrows dont suite the car - make it too agressive and boy racerish. If thats what your after cool but it's not my bag. You could try modifying your grill to give it that bad boy look or just get the plastic strip mentioned above.

mikeoxford
01-03-03, 04:54 PM
supernovas sell a fox look eye brow that covers the whole of the grille

IMO i think this is better than single piece eyebrows, and if i did it i would get a complete item

mikeoxford
01-03-03, 04:54 PM
dont spray your lights as when you have them on it will come trhough the paint! which will look totally NAFF!