PDA

View Full Version : Not a nova. MK 4 astra 16 16v

rallynova1200
19-08-09, 07:51 PM
in work at the minute we have a mark 4 astra 1600 16v that is giving me a sore head:cry:. When you rev it hard from tick over it misses until about 3,000 rpm. The diagnostics said egr valve was at fault so i put a new one in it and a new egr gasket and that cured it for about 5 minutes lol but on the way back on the test drive it started missing again and there was absulutely no go in it. dead as a door nail. Also when you hold it at a steady rev the revs dip and come back up dip and come back up continously. The diagnostics is saying there is nothing wrong with it and there is no lights on:confused::tard:. Any ideas???

Rich
19-08-09, 08:00 PM
Manual or auto?

rallynova1200
19-08-09, 08:04 PM
manual. sorry forgot to say lol

Rich
19-08-09, 08:10 PM
Ok the manuals have a modified egr valve gasket, which basicly blanks it off. You have to ensure the egr is fully close when done then requires an ecu software update so the ecu knows its blocked off. The holding back/misfire sounds like the coilpack breaking up when under load, quite common. 2 of the main things that really go wrong with these engines to be honest! If its sluggish revving up (not missing) possible airflow meter.

Coilpack wont always bring on the engine managment light either, same with a faulted egr.

Vauxhall dealer would need to do the update as far as i know, not sure if theres another way of doing it.

rallynova1200
19-08-09, 08:18 PM
thanks alot boss its been frying my head since monday morning. il get a coil pack tomorrow because i thought it was plugs myself so i put 4 in it but no different. what do you mean by the gasket blocking off the erg?

Rich
19-08-09, 08:56 PM
On the egr valve theres 2 ports for the gases, one is just a hole and the other has the sprung part to open/close when it needs to. The new gasket blocks off the hole, and the the sprung part stays shut. Vauxhall have a software update that cancels out the egr valve as they kept going wrong!

If you have fitted a new egr valve i wouldnt worry about it as it should just work as it did before.

rallynova1200
19-08-09, 09:01 PM
lol ok thanks alot lad

xe_nova9
19-08-09, 09:12 PM
On the egr valve theres 2 ports for the gases, one is just a hole and the other has the sprung part to open/close when it needs to. The new gasket blocks off the hole, and the the sprung part stays shut. Vauxhall have a software update that cancels out the egr valve as they kept going wrong!

If you have fitted a new egr valve i wouldnt worry about it as it should just work as it did before

Are you a Vaux tech mate?

GDN16v
19-08-09, 10:11 PM
My lasses astra had the same problem, tuurned out to be the coil pack:thumb:

Rich
19-08-09, 10:30 PM

If you have fitted a new egr valve i wouldnt worry about it as it should just work as it did before

Are you a Vaux tech mate?

yes mate

AlexW
19-08-09, 10:38 PM
Just check the earths first lol, I had similar problems due to a earth lol

novalicous
19-08-09, 10:52 PM
I was going to say coil pack aswell happened to a mates one last year