PDA

View Full Version : GTE/GSI Springs!

Nova_Tek
28-02-03, 12:54 AM
I got 1.2 nova with 195/45 R15 wheels & tyres on.

I want it lower and was thinkin to use GTE/GSI springs on it! (was also finkin of 40mm + drop but i got bare speed bumps and stuff round my area and north london :? )

Will this work with standard 1.2 damper rates or will I need to put GTE/GSI shocks too?

And also, if i can fit GTE/GSI springs on my 1.2, how much lower will the car be?

Thanx a trillion lads :lol:

novashed
28-02-03, 01:35 AM
id go with the 40mm drop, im slammed around 65mm and av loads a humps, just slow down a bit!!! :wink:

burgessovsalford
28-02-03, 10:20 AM
Not too sure but putting GTE/GSI springs on your car, it will lower it around 25mm. You may aswell just buy some 40mm lowering springs which you usually see going cheap in the for sale section on this site... You will not HAVE to change your standard shocks, but if you did it would be an improvement.

mikeoxford
01-03-03, 03:34 PM
gte / gsi lowers 15mm no more no less not 25

_JH_
01-03-03, 10:55 PM
plus, as gte springs are designed for a heavier car, you MAY find that your car doesnt drop by 15, and actually handles worse. if you are thinking of getting your springs from a scrappy, get the shocks too, as you can swap them over relatively easily then and if you find the car handles badly, swap em back.

you wont really know until you've tried.