PDA

View Full Version : not a nova but help with baleno redtop??

1.3sr_kane
18-08-09, 04:02 PM
right i been arguing with a mate he reckon that a redtop will bolt straight into a suzuki baleno? is this true anyone seen one or heard of one and what kind of work is involved? thank you hope someone can clear this up!!

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 04:03 PM
i wouldnt know, but why would you want to?!

ste porter
18-08-09, 04:05 PM
theres been a couple go through the bay of e in recently look rather smartly done and relativly straight forward to me
questiuon is if an xe will go could you squeeze a k16 on the front of it in there?

we are in the process as we speak of measuring up and looking at putting one in a ratted derv clio anything is possable if you have time and wedge

jord4n
18-08-09, 04:09 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/robbok70/conversion004.jpg

just a quick pic of a side engine mount dosnt look like it would go straight in but thats not to say it cant be done.

jord

1.3sr_kane
18-08-09, 04:15 PM
hmm. he said there was a few gone through the bay of e... but i am trying to find engine bay pictures of one done.. ...???

wwmnw
18-08-09, 04:52 PM
I'm 90% positive this has been done. I know it has been done on a suzuki, Miggers may know what I'm on about, I'm sure there was a guy on there that had a redtop in a suzuki.

1.3sr_kane
18-08-09, 04:55 PM
yer it is a suzuki baleno that im thinking bout buying but want ot know whether i can bang redtop in.. desperate to find as much info as possible...

djshaggeh
18-08-09, 05:09 PM
Heres a link to one for sale on migweb a while back, pictures arn't really that much help though.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sale/354369-xed-suzuki-baleno.html

ste porter
18-08-09, 05:56 PM
thats a lovely flat sided chassis rail to weld a corsa b engine mount to the ones you have to buy when fitting an xe in a corsa

then drill the spot welds out of a passenger mount of corsa nova what ever looks like the closest fit .cut chop and weld into passenger side of suzuki as required then for the rear 4 inch b6 6 inch plate with holes drilled for bolts to pass through nuts welded on back of the plate couple of holes made in the floor for nuts to reces in weld plate to underside and bobs your uncle its bolted in
ok it sounds simple and i know it wont be that straight forward but it wont be that hard your biggest problem would be having shafts made or cut and welded straight that fit everything else is down to how ggod you are with spanners

1.3sr_kane
18-08-09, 06:15 PM
i know to fit the engine into a corsa only one mont is wrong. but i dunno whether it the same for the baleno... wonder if i could use nova or corsa driveshafts........

mowgli
18-08-09, 06:49 PM
please pass the following on to your mate.....

look, you could fit a saturn 5 rocket engine in a reliant three wheeler if you are prepared to do the work......

there is no way that the xe is a straight swap with a suzuki.... it may well fit, but everything will need modifying.....

1.3sr_kane
18-08-09, 07:49 PM
please pass the following on to your mate.....

look, you could fit a saturn 5 rocket engine in a reliant three wheeler if you are prepared to do the work......

there is no way that the xe is a straight swap with a suzuki.... it may well fit, but everything will need modifying.....

yes i know that!!! but the arguement is that it is meant to be a simple conversion...thats what i am talking about!!

Pistol Pete
18-08-09, 08:02 PM
I doubt very much that it is simple TBH!

mowgli
18-08-09, 09:15 PM
yes i know that!!! but the arguement is that it is meant to be a simple conversion...thats what i am talking about!!

to someone who puts different engines in things, its probably a fairly easy swap....... but to some young lad who's heard it from his mates mates who went to a cruise, it is about as easy as pushing kerry katona up an alley with your knob

ste porter
18-08-09, 09:33 PM
my previous post outlines the basic starting points if your serious buy one buy an engine and crack the welder out