PDA

View Full Version : just been done in the nova

jpga
17-08-09, 11:24 PM
3 lads in a fiesta right up my **** soon as it turned dual carrige way they swerved out staring me so i booted the gte left em low and behold i got pulled by an unmarked will most probably loose my license feel extremly stupid:mad: have to wait for my court summons :cry:

let_nova
17-08-09, 11:25 PM
silly boy... what speed were you doing?

SRimon
17-08-09, 11:25 PM
ooops

jpga
17-08-09, 11:29 PM
65 leaving a 30 entering a 40 instant ban :(

let_nova
17-08-09, 11:30 PM
oh fook..... first year??

Lauren
17-08-09, 11:30 PM
Oh dear. :(

I believe you will only lose your license if you've been driving less than 2 years, if you have more than 12 points now or if you were driving stupidly fast. I think over 90 is an instant ban, but don't take my word for it as I am a humble female and often don't know what I'm talking about.

jpga
17-08-09, 11:32 PM
Oh dear. :(

I believe you will only lose your license if you've been driving less than 2 years, if you have more than 12 points now or if you were driving stupidly fast. I think over 90 is an instant ban, but don't take my word for it as I am a humble female and often don't know what I'm talking about.

i tought it was double the llimit is a ban especially in a 30 ? i have been driving just under 2 years big mastike now i will learn :(

djbrowney
17-08-09, 11:32 PM

fook me that is a big ban and a big fine :cry:

Jack
17-08-09, 11:34 PM
No such thing as an "instant ban". But the courts generally don't look too highly upon anything more than 2/3 over the limit.

What happened to the fez? Or was that the undercover car?

TBH in a 1.6 to be coming out of a 30 doing 65, you must have been nailing it well inside the 30. Sorry, but I don't have any sympathy.

draper
17-08-09, 11:34 PM
you might get away with it (by getting away with it i mean big fine and points/increased insurance premium for ever but keeping your license)

just hope you dont get summoned for driving without due care and attentios and/or reckless driving

L14MNP
17-08-09, 11:36 PM
I thought that 30 over the limit was ban territory. Doesn't sound too hopeful for you mate. TBH though, that's fcuking dangerous.

Lucky we aren't in Texas. You'd get the chair.

GRUNT 16V
17-08-09, 11:36 PM
You Will Always Get Caught When Being A Cock For Some Reason
Ooops Anyway

jpga
17-08-09, 11:37 PM
No such thing as an "instant ban". But the courts generally don't look too highly upon anything more than 2/3 over the limit.

TBH in a 1.6 to be coming out of a 30 doing 65, you must have been nailing it well inside the 30. Sorry, but I don't have any sympathy.

i see mate , yeh i think its going to be pretty severe, the fiesta was well behind i went past the beamer parker up behind some railings didnt see it for the van in the lane next to me and concentrating at that speed. yeah hands held up mate like i said got carried away booted it.

Rich
17-08-09, 11:39 PM
Was it 'power happy' traffic cops? Or normal car? Get your speed with a gun?

L14MNP
17-08-09, 11:40 PM
Ah just noticed it's you. Poor GTE gettin her head kicked in .lol

Lee
17-08-09, 11:43 PM
Wont do it again will you :)

jpga
17-08-09, 11:45 PM
Was it 'power happy' traffic cops? Or normal car? Get your speed with a gun?

it was an unmarked beamer 2 cops got the speed with a gun that recorded it?

pretty sure i will loose it whats my best way to go about it? only thing i can do is accept and show remorse my dad will tell them i neeed my license for my job (bricky) driving the van other than that looks like ill be off the road.

jpga
17-08-09, 11:45 PM

nope

stevie-p
17-08-09, 11:49 PM
ask for proof the the gun had been calibrated ive heard this works as they need calibrating every siz months?
if they have no proof you have a slight better chance.

on the other hand if they show you well... i dont no

Lauren
17-08-09, 11:50 PM
If you can prove that you need your car for your job you might actually stand a chance, they don't want people to lose their job if they can help it.
You need to show remorse, admit you were an idiot and hope for the best, but if you do get off lightly because of your job then don't use it as an excuse to drive like a tit again.

Rich
17-08-09, 11:50 PM
it was an unmarker beamer 2 cops got the spped with a gun that recorded it?

pretty sure i will loose it whats my best way to go about it? only thing i can do is accept and show remorse my dad will tell th, i neeed my license for my job (bricky) driving the van other than that looks like ill be off the road.

Oh bend over time. If you had said it was a normal car the answer should have been 'i was doing 30mph' dont admit anything they cant do anything.

But seeing as its recorded on camera theres not alot you can do, you can ask when the speed gun was last calibrated but dont know how that works. It should have been calibrated on the day as far as i know if it wasnt they cant use that as evidence of speeding or somthing.

Only thing you can do is seek advice from somone that knows what they are talking about and hope but it doesnt look good.

jpga
17-08-09, 11:58 PM
Oh bend over time. If you had said it was a normal car the answer should have been 'i was doing 30mph' dont admit anything they cant do anything.

But seeing as its recorded on camera theres not alot you can do, you can ask when the speed gun was last calibrated but dont know how that works. It should have been calibrated on the day as far as i know if it wasnt they cant use that as evidence of speeding or somthing.

Only thing you can do is seek advice from somone that knows what they are talking about and hope but it doesnt look good.

wait for my letter and seek legal advice

L14MNP
18-08-09, 12:03 AM
I assume you got an NIP from the cops?

AFIAK asking for calibration certificates can make you look even more of a d!ck in the courts eyes - as I'm sure they're told what 'evidence' you have.

Stoo
18-08-09, 12:04 AM
You got 'DuNOVA' Innit!

AlexW
18-08-09, 12:06 AM
If you can prove that you need your car for your job you might actually stand a chance, they don't want people to lose their job if they can help it.
You need to show remorse, admit you were an idiot and hope for the best, but if you do get off lightly because of your job then don't use it as an excuse to drive like a tit again.

This is true, a mate of mine, his dad has 15points :eek: Just due to him being a single parent and needing his job as a lorry driver.

I tbh dont have any sympathy eather, what time of day was it? (Sorry if i missed)

brainsnova
18-08-09, 12:17 AM
i got a signed letter and had to redo my test but no ban so i could start straight away

Jim Mcrae
18-08-09, 03:37 AM
Unlucky dude, hope you dont get into too much grief.

Novaboi_1991
18-08-09, 04:04 AM
You got 'DuNOVA' by a fezza Innit!

Edited :thumb:

AlanH
18-08-09, 05:55 AM
anything over 100 is an instant ban or over double the speed limit. i know because i got caught on a dual carriageway doing 110 a year after passing my test. got off lightly though, 28 day ban, £60 fine, no points and they never revoked my license so no retest. my mate got caught racing (tried racing an unmarked copper) 12 month ban, fine and had to do an extended retest

mowgli
18-08-09, 07:17 AM
my mate got caught racing (tried racing an unmarked copper) 12 month ban, fine and had to do an extended retest

so he beat them then.........

jpga
18-08-09, 07:22 AM
I assume you got an NIP from the cops?

AFIAK asking for calibration certificates can make you look even more of a d!ck in the courts eyes - as I'm sure they're told what 'evidence' you have.

didnt recieve anything at the time just took my adress details etcc and said expect a summons ?

xe_nova9
18-08-09, 07:41 AM
My mate is awaiting a court summons, he got caught on camera doing 97 in a 50, just coming out of a national speed limit. Dual carriageway. He's hired a lawyer for a fair wedge and seems to think he'll get off with points, slight ban and mega fine. Just said he needs the car for his job, got our college tutor to write a letter explaining 'it would be a shame to have another apprentice leave' bla bla, Swings and roundabouts I think as I always thought 20mph over the limit is instant ban?

srs1
18-08-09, 07:54 AM
i have been there also.
what i did was the following.

got a solicitor, in general i was being a prat.
get a letter from your boss to explain you need your license for your job.

what i opted for was a ban, but to take into consideration my work and i would learn from my error.

i was doing 103.8 in a 70.
i got a 7 day ban and £100 court fee's plus my solicitor i only paid £80 for a half day plys free consultation. no points either

all in, i was lucky it could have gone worse.

tbh, i was the first in the court and got bare minimum. the court i was in, people were getting month bans, £1000 fines and 9 points. the judges get to hear speeding all day, and as such, they get harsher by the hour.

make a choice, speak to solicitor and see if you can survive upto a month without a car.

your call.

dan16v
18-08-09, 08:20 AM
anything over 100 is an instant ban or over double the speed limit. i know because i got caught on a dual carriageway doing 110 a year after passing my test. got off lightly though, 28 day ban, £60 fine, no points and they never revoked my license so no retest. my mate got caught racing (tried racing an unmarked copper) 12 month ban, fine and had to do an extended retest

It's not an instant ban, I was caught for 109mph on a motorway, had to wait 2 months for a court date and could still drive the car in the mean time!, ended up with a 55day ban and £145 fine:d

IIRC the speed gun needs to be calibrated at the start of each shift, and signed for.

Southie
18-08-09, 08:28 AM
Hope this helps a little. Have a read through this site CLICKY (http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Accused_Home/Rules_useage/The_Law.htm). This is a snippet. Even if you don't get a ban your Insurance will go up quite a bit.

UK Law, fines and points.
Known officially in the UK as "EXCEEDING SPEED LIMIT", this table shows baseline penalties you can expect. It's correct as of 10th March 1999. Each case will be looked at individually, to assess factors such as time of day, road type and conditon, weather conditions etc. The fine is now also based upon the financial circumstances of the offender, leading to payment within 12 months.

Offence Fine Costs Penalty Points
up to 15mph over the posted limit £44 £30 3
16mph to 25mph over the posted limit £45-£100 £30 4
26mph to 35mph over the posted limit £45-£200 £30 5-6
36mph or more over the posted limit £67-£300 £30 Ban 1 month to 12 months

Police do have the power to issue a fixed penalty of £ 40 plus 3 penalty points on the spot, but not when it comes to GATSO cameras. For those cases, they must go to court. Each offence on the same day, but at different places is counted separately. This can result in disqualification under the 'totting' procedure:
Totting Procedure:If the total of penalty points reaches 12 or more within 3 years, you are known as a "Totter". You get a TT99 endorsement on your license, and get disqualified.
Endorsements remain on your licence for:
11 years from date of conviction for offences relating to drink/drugs and driving, causing death by careless driving whilst under the influence of drink/drugs and causing death by careless driving then failing to provide a specimen for analysis.
4 years from date of conviction for reckless/dangerous driving and offences resulting in disqualification.
4 years from the date of offence in all other cases At the appropriate time, you can apply to remove your endorsement(s) from your licence by completing a D1 application form available from Post Offices.

dougie_boi
18-08-09, 08:32 AM
ask for proof the the gun had been calibrated ive heard this works as they need calibrating every siz months?
if they have no proof you have a slight better chance.

on the other hand if they show you well... i dont no
they need calibrated everytime before they are used and should have a certificate with that evening or days date on it but knowing what they are like even if they didnt have one they would probably just write one out anyway and put that date on it.

Ben
18-08-09, 11:01 AM
If you get banned drop me a pm i quite likeyour GTE.

Riggy
18-08-09, 11:11 AM
^^ lol vulture haha , but suprissed no one else has asked yet

DAFTJOHN
18-08-09, 12:51 PM
Few ways to deal with this, 1 accept that it happened and deal with it, or 2, make sure when they submit to the PF they have all the stuff right - if it's only speeding and no careless or dangerous they will have to present the calculation used to catch you, if the gun, camera was calibrated etc.

I had similar on the bike with an unmarked car - they tried to do me for speeding but could only say I was over 100 and tried dangerous driving which is an auto ban - my lawyer argued it was not dangerous but carless and I got 6 month ban due to that - not the speeding.

Good luck with however it goes as we all make mistakes

L14MNP
18-08-09, 01:04 PM
didnt recieve anything at the time just took my adress details etcc and said expect a summons ? NIP is a Notice of intended prosecution.

It's what the officer should have given you, both verbally and on paper after he explained your offence(s) and what to expect, summons etc.
I am 90% certain that this has to be issued to you in writing as you have to sign it at the scene. Not issuing you this puts them at a disadvantage I believe.

However, it's best no to dispute these things and ask for the gun calibration certificates/dates etc. IME.
Appear apologetic and very sorry for one stupid mistake when standing in court. They will respect and appreciate that much more.

I was banned a few years ago for doing 116mph on the A19 dual carrigeway. Pulled by the T5 and shown a VASCAR speed reading, given a producer, told to expect a summons etc.
which he also wrote on 'NIP given and understood' which I then signed.
I didn't admit to doing anything illegal whilst in the traffic car (it's all recorded) but decided not to try and fight it as I was guilty lol.

I received a 56 day ban, zero points and £340 court costs - I did not use a solictor.

I got off very lightly IMO. Especially as when I was pulled over the cop described me as 'this silver streak' lol
I think the main reason I wasn't so fussed though was I was going a lot faster prior to being nabbed by him sitting on top of the flyover!

If you really intend to fight your corner then I suggest this guy:
http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/272.$plit/C_71_article_1035418_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg
lol

Ben
18-08-09, 01:06 PM
Belgian police ftw, got clocked doing 150mph and got €150 fine and a seeyou later!

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 01:10 PM
lol!! noway! whats the law on speeding over there?

Ben
18-08-09, 01:11 PM
On ths spot fine for tourists or they confiscate your car, if you dont pay within 4 days they keep it!

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 01:14 PM
thats the way it should be, lax for the residents, but come down hard on the tourists!!!

L14MNP
18-08-09, 01:15 PM
On the spot fines FTW!
France seems fair game too. 130mph on the Calias-Paris motorway - m8/a1 or some other familiar letters and numbers - passing police cars and them not batting an eyelid. Lucky when you don't have beam benders. lol

The UK has to be the worst country in the world now for the unrelenting war on motorists surely? As much as we all think it's way OTT the muppets speeding up/slowing down for SPECS cameras still makes me lol

Ben
18-08-09, 01:18 PM
thats the way it should be, lax for the residents, but come down hard on the tourists!!!

A belgian guy i work with got a 2 week ban but as he works monday-saturday the court banned him from driving for 14 sundays!

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 01:41 PM
hahahaahahha! its like they gave him a ban... but only because they had to! did they apologise at the same time lol

Jack
18-08-09, 05:14 PM
Hope this helps a little. Have a read through this site CLICKY (http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Accused_Home/Rules_useage/The_Law.htm). This is a snippet. Even if you don't get a ban your Insurance will go up quite a bit.
Incorrect, the minimum fine for a speeding offence is £60, along with 3 points. Those of you who got off without points were done for something else, as an SP30 (Exceeding Statutory Speed Limit) carries a minimum 3 point endorsement. Max is 6 points and £1000 fine, and "discretionary ban". [edit] Note that Speeding On A Motorway (SP50) is different to Exceeding Statutory Speed Limit (SP30)

...and just because I know some people will miss what I've said:

"discretionary ban"
That means its perfectly possible for you to get off with NO ban.

Did the police car pull out as soon as you went past and nick you?

mayhem
18-08-09, 05:29 PM
Belgian police ftw, got clocked doing 150mph and got €150 fine and a seeyou later!

euro speeding FTW

nothing is linked to the insurence... if i get caught at 180km/h where 80 km/h is allowed i get about a 1000 euro fine and a ban. thats all. no points (wtf that may be) and no insurence going sky-high.

Rich
18-08-09, 07:09 PM
To be honest it doesnt matter whats happened to someone else, they change their minds when they feel like it. The rest of the time they just havent got a clue what they are doing. I got caught 47 in a 30 on camera, the copper had been there so long he had alreay given out all his christmas cards. He told me i would receive a fine and points, meaning i had to send off my lisence etc.

Nearly 6 months later i got a letter telling me i had to go to court! I rang them up to tell them i wasnt in the country on the date, so she said send my lisence in. I said no im taking it on holiday with me so she said photocopy it and send it in. So did that. The week after the court date i got a letter for £105 fine and that was it. No points nothing on my lisence.

John
18-08-09, 07:27 PM
A belgian guy i work with got a 2 week ban but as he works monday-saturday the court banned him from driving for 14 sundays!

Lol, excellent idea!

mowgli
18-08-09, 07:35 PM
sod it, i'm emigrating to belgium.... all the waffles, chocolate, mayo chips, beer & flem you could ever need & a decent legal system

DaftJohns_Mate
18-08-09, 07:48 PM
Try this site!!!

http://www.pepipoo.com/

best of luck and be carefull next time!(if there is a next time)!!

Wullie

Joe Richardson
18-08-09, 07:56 PM
Hard luck fella:(

will teach you for the future now i suppose;)

Pistol Pete
18-08-09, 08:05 PM
Bad luck.

I got caught doing 3 figures on the m/way. Kept my licence. You might be lucky on your court apperance, then again you might not.

jpga
18-08-09, 09:46 PM
Bad luck.

I got caught doing 3 figures on the m/way. Kept my licence. You might be lucky on your court apperance, then again you might not.

i spoke to a frind of mines dad today who is a magistrate the problem i face is that i have only been driving 1 and a half years. he said the reason im going to court is not to get a ban but to issue my penalty as its not a fixed penalty offence. i already have 3 points meaning i have most likely got another 5-6 points from this offece totaling me up to 9, exceeding my limit for the first two years he reckons this wil not get me banned and 9 points isnt a reason for banning (he got cuaght at 63 in a 30 and got 6 points and a 200 quid fine ) but once my penalty has been issued on my license by the court the dvla will then revoke my license due to number of points and amount of time ive held my license and i have to re apply and go through the process of learing to drive getting my full driving license from scratch again which obviosy is a disadvantage time/money wise and stays on my record sending my insurance sky high on the gte !! but as you all say completely my fault i understand this! but as other say i have spoken to a few lads and they have all said see what happens all types of stuff happens in these situations thanks to anyone who has put the 2pence in or helped with info advice :)

Mike
18-08-09, 09:50 PM

You might get lucky. I got left off with 70 in a 50, undertaking two cars across a solid white line, overtaking a limo at said speed, jumped a red light, undertook a HGV an 69 in a 40. And then 101 on the M54 2 days later.

OR

You will get severly anally batty polished buy a judge with fake hair whos overpaid, overweight, undersexed an sucks off donkeys on a bank holiday weekend.

let_nova
18-08-09, 09:52 PM
the guys in the fiesta would of battered you if they caught you..............

jpga
18-08-09, 10:01 PM

dunno mate but they was right on my bumper or a while and swerved on they was close so not thinking just booted it away no excuse i know but i want out of control or anything but hay ho not alot can do now just wait and see just be another severe learning curve

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 10:17 PM
lol lol lol lol

Martin
18-08-09, 10:19 PM
2nd dibs on the gte

stylesy451
18-08-09, 10:35 PM

im trying to see things from your point of view but i cant get my head that far up my ass :tosser:

Rich
18-08-09, 11:07 PM

'Im very sorry for what i have done and know it was stupid. I was being chased/followed by a group of boys in a fiesta and wanted to get away from them'

For the court to hear...

jpga
18-08-09, 11:20 PM
2nd dibs on the gte

aslong as i can insure it mate i wont sell it

Ben
19-08-09, 12:03 AM
aslong as i can insure it mate i wont sell it

Fingers crossed for an 18month stint then! lol

wwmnw
19-08-09, 03:03 AM
A lad I know got caught doing over 100 mph racing another car in a 30 zone at stupid o'clock in the morning, Didn't get even 1 point no fine and no ban, But on that occasion the cops couldn't prove anything even though they claimed he was doing 120 (he says 105).

I don't understand how him and the other lad got away with it but he claims he did. I always thought if the cops saw it you were done.

Jack
19-08-09, 08:31 AM
im trying to see things from your point of view but i cant get my head that far up my ass :tosser:
So you sympathize with him for doing more than double the speed limit in a 30 zone? lol

You sir, are a cock :)

jpga
19-08-09, 05:14 PM
Fingers crossed for an 18month stint then! lol

if things got really bad i would evn consider donoring the car if i could find a clean enough like 1.2 logged shell doubt it would come to that though i am 19 and pay 600 quid for it at the moment through my dads company policy.

Tidy Max
19-08-09, 05:16 PM
i think that did you no favours tbh mate, if you mean slap your engine in the 1.2 and leave it logged as a 1.2 that is!

jpga
19-08-09, 05:21 PM
i think that did you no favours tbh mate, if you mean slap your engine in the 1.2 and leave it logged as a 1.2 that is!

what do you mean mate ?

stevie-p
19-08-09, 05:25 PM
its silly to have a 1.6 engine in a car logged and insured as a 1200 i think if thats what your planning to do!

jpga
19-08-09, 05:34 PM
its silly to have a 1.6 engine in a car logged and insured as a 1200 i think if thats what your planning to do!

only a thought that was in my head thats all doubt it will come to that

stevie-p
19-08-09, 05:35 PM
no thats what the previous comment meant and i hope it doesant im sure you will get stick for that!!

jpga
19-08-09, 05:51 PM
no thats what the previous comment meant and i hope it doesant im sure you will get stick for that!!

oh rght i see ate yeh err i doubt it will only a thought that crossed my mind

Rich
19-08-09, 06:35 PM
wouldnt be the only person on here to do it, dont go taking your gte to bits though!

jpga
19-08-09, 07:22 PM
wouldnt be the only person on here to do it, dont go taking your gte to bits though!

shouldnt have to needsa few bits doing though if it comes off the road an arch plate in the boot and want to underseal the whole underside soon

Balley
19-08-09, 07:37 PM
i feel for you mate :/

LEWI007
19-08-09, 07:40 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Nova/Dunova.jpg

jpga
19-08-09, 08:05 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Nova/Dunova.jpg

have you got the i have just been dunova one by anychance??

LEWI007
19-08-09, 08:25 PM
lol nah you could have one if i did lol

djshaggeh
19-08-09, 09:32 PM
Sorry to hear about you getting caught speeding mate. Best thing to do in my eyes is to enjoy your licence while you still have it and hope for the best that you don't actually get banned.

65 in a 30 is a bit silly but I think everyone has travelled at excessive speed at some point in their life as everyone was young once!

Good luck and I hope they don't ban you!

jpga
19-08-09, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear about you getting caught speeding mate. Best thing to do in my eyes is to enjoy your licence while you still have it and hope for the best that you don't actually get banned.

65 in a 30 is a bit silly but I think everyone has travelled at excessive speed at some point in their life as everyone was young once!

Good luck and I hope they don't ban you!

cheers mate this will be my learning curve.

djshaggeh
19-08-09, 10:11 PM
I had my licence revoked when I was younger, probobly a good thing too as I was an absolute terrorist.

I got the letter on christmas day too, as my licence was registered to my parents house. Happy christmas from the DVLA!

Sounds like you've learned your lesson!

Richie_B
20-08-09, 12:23 AM

Won't be getting a chance to for a while

Novaboi_1991
20-08-09, 12:36 AM
I had my licence revoked when I was younger, probobly a good thing too as I was an absolute terrorist.

I got the letter on christmas day too, as my licence was registered to my parents house. Happy christmas from the DVLA!

Someone telling porkies?:wtf:

dont get post on christmas day dude.

unless you mean your parents gave it to you on xmas day?

boyle_46
20-08-09, 12:50 AM
Sorry boss but ive no sympathy , dont know about you but i aint risking looseing my books over some hyped up D1cks in a fiesta

djshaggeh
20-08-09, 01:23 AM
Someone telling porkies?:wtf:

dont get post on christmas day dude.

unless you mean your parents gave it to you on xmas day?
My licence was registered to my parents house, I live my girlfriend :tard: funnly enough I went to my parents on christmas day and they gave me the mail. It had been sitting there for a few days.

Chode

Jack
20-08-09, 07:54 AM
lol aye, that was the first thing I thought - mail on Christmas day? But then figured it must have been sitting there for a couple days. D'oh, nice present there lol

djshaggeh
20-08-09, 08:52 AM
As you can imagine, I had a great christmas lol.

I did have it coming to me though, I used to drive everywhere on the edge and do lots of silly things. Genrally chavving it up! Funnly enough I never got caught speeding though. 3 points for driving an unroadworthy vehicle and another 3 for having a bald tyre. The police used to love me and if they saw me they would pull me over, which kind of got rediculous in the end and I started taking a record everytime they did (as I had my head so far up my own **** I couldn't understand it). IIRC I got pulled 14 times in a month and 3 times in one day.

Tidy Max
20-08-09, 09:27 AM
rep for chode lol

jpga
20-08-09, 04:32 PM

if you dont mind me asking what was the process like when getting it revoked ??

cheers bud definitly the amount of grief aand worry its causing already is enough to make me learn my lesson !!

djshaggeh
21-08-09, 05:37 PM
It was a while ago so I'll try and remember as best I can.

I had my licence about a year and half before I got the first three for driving an unroadworthy vehicle. When I got the next three for a bald tyre I had a court summons. I remember thinking all will be cool as the court case was dated after my two years was up. I went to court and surely enough was given the 3 points. They never said anything about my licence revoke whilst in court so I assumed that I'd send my licence off and the 3 points would put on my licence and my insurence would be loads a money. IIRC a couple of months past and I recieved a letter from the DVLA saying please send us you licence otherwise the police will be notified to come and get it from me. Or words to that effect.

I can't remember that well as it was about 5 years ago and it was a low point in my life that I tried to forget ever since getting my licence back.

The way it works has probobly changed now.

stylesy451
23-08-09, 12:08 AM
So you sympathize with him for doing more than double the speed limit in a 30 zone? lol

You sir, are a cock :)

because you have never broken the speed limit have you. i dont sympathize with him but he doesnt need his ass spankin by you he knows hes done wrong

Jack
23-08-09, 12:14 AM
because you have never broken the speed limit have you. i dont sympathize with him but he doesnt need his ass spankin by you he knows hes done wrong
lol doing, say, 90 in a 70 is a little different to doing 65 in a 30! Speeding is indeed speeding, my lack of sympathy comment was due to the quantity of speed applied.

[edit] and no, I've never done 65 in a 30 :p

blue_peg_16v
23-08-09, 12:20 AM
lol doing, say, 90 in a 70 is a little different to doing 65 in a 30! Speeding is indeed speeding, my lack of sympathy comment was due to the quantity of speed applied.

sorry but i agree with jack on this, i speed and have done very silly speeds but in built up arears i slow down i have a daughter and if you hit her at that speed she would be killed instantly and id kill you speed is ok in the right areas and at the right time 30mph zones are there for a reason so i too have no simpathy 40 in a 30 ok but 65 takes the piss

jpga
23-08-09, 09:18 PM
sorry but i agree with jack on this, i speed and have done very silly speeds but in built up arears i slow down i have a daughter and if you hit her at that speed she would be killed instantly and id kill you speed is ok in the right areas and at the right time 30mph zones are there for a reason so i too have no simpathy 40 in a 30 ok but 65 takes the piss

its over a brige going out of town to be fair its a dual carrigeway 3 lanes two the side i sped 1 the other no excuse i know what everyone said is fair 30 for a reason but its not a village built up or housing rows or anything its a jacksons building ccentre one side and a graveyard still just got to wait and see now lesson learned already!

Anthony nova
09-09-09, 10:02 AM
when i was 16 i moved my car from my house to where i work (1/4 mile down the road) to store it there. i got pulled and done for no licence and insurance etc etc. went to court and they gave me 6 points and a £110 fine? dno if this helps but its compleatly up to the courts. when i went into court i just sat and made sure they knew i regreted what i had done. if they can see your not sum little scrote who nicks cars and goes joy riding for the fun of it they tend to be more leniant with u:) hope this helps and good look (Y).