17-08-09, 07:05 PM
Just got a call from a local restruant i applied for a job at,

and theyve asked me to attend an interview tomorrow,

Woohoooo!

cant wait to see if i get it or not, as nova needs money :( lol

Wish me luck :thumb:

Spudly
17-08-09, 07:06 PM
Good luck matey, dress smart and get there about ten - fifteen mins early, shows youre keen and punctual:thumb:

Novaboi_1991
17-08-09, 07:09 PM
Good luck matey, dress smart and get there about ten - fifteen mins early, shows youre keen and punctual:thumb:

hmm, this could be a problem, i dont have any smart clothes? lol,

i got hoodies, trackies and trainers :roll: haah

*he calls brother to notify him he is raiding his wardrobe. lol

Thx spudly :thumb:

stevie-p
17-08-09, 07:11 PM
also dont slouch in chairs and speak as ''proper'' as you can and come across confident and willing
but as spud says 1st apperances matter most

Spudly
17-08-09, 07:11 PM
Trousers and very smart t-shirt may be acceptable but remember youre trying to make as good an impression as you possibly can, shirt trousers and shoes are always a good choice!

Novaboi_1991
17-08-09, 07:15 PM
hmm, yeh, its ok i cant slouch when im nervous, an in my last interview i was nervous as fk,

i gt a nice silver ben sherman shirt, might av to rob some trowsers off my brother, and see if my shoes still fit, lol ,

Thx for the advise lads.

Lauren
17-08-09, 07:30 PM
Smart clothes is an absolute must, goes without saying.

I've always been told by the many job agencies I've been too, when you shake their hand at the end, just say something like, 'well I hope to hear from you soon, I'm really keen on the position', etc etc, just lets them know that you are eager.

Good luck! :thumb:

mowgli
17-08-09, 07:38 PM
give my regards to Ronald.....

Rich
17-08-09, 08:13 PM

frofpmsllol

And good luck, was bricking it for an interview few weeks ago and i already had a job so didnt matter so much if i got it or not!

mowgli
17-08-09, 08:24 PM
seriously though. remember to ask them questions about stuff...... what sort of job is it??? i bought my first nova by washing a helluva lot of dishes..

being interested in what the interviewer has to say is a good skill. I hope you do well

novaguy08
17-08-09, 08:34 PM
Hope you do well chap!

Congrats on getting to the interview stage!!

Novaboi_1991
17-08-09, 09:30 PM

cheeky mofo, lol, its nt mcdonalds :mad: not even kfc. lol

its a country pub/hotel/restruant,

Novaboi_1991
17-08-09, 09:31 PM
Thanks for all your help lads, an lauren :P

am looking for some clothes atm, should be fun being as i havnt worn a shirt in like 3 years, lol

Novaboi_1991
18-08-09, 12:26 PM
Woohhoooo , shortest interview ever,

about 9 minutes,

bloody publishers cv creator :( i forgot to change the text on the second page, so, they had a little giggle,

Languages,
Please edit this text or remove it as relevant

Sexuality,
Please edit this text or remove it as relevant

Fail :( lol

well, got a trial on friday, 12-2pm and as they said, if all goes well, il be on next weeks rotor,. YAY :) lol

L14MNP
18-08-09, 12:35 PM
PMSL! MAssive CV fail :) Proof read FTW. It's the text equivalent of making sure you don't have any tags etc. stuck to brand new interview clothes! lol

Congratulations on getting a trial though lad. Bin that text type before the ball breakers on here see it too lol.

As for the speaking properly bit, I laughed and imagined you to speak like Kevin 'Good arternoon laydais' lol

Novaboi_1991
18-08-09, 12:40 PM
PMSL! MAssive CV fail :) Proof read FTW. It's the text equivalent of making sure you don't have any tags etc. stuck to brand new interview clothes! lol

Congratulations on getting a trial though lad. Bin that text type before the ball breakers on here see it too lol.

As for the speaking properly bit, I laughed and imagined you to speak like Kevin 'Good arternoon laydais' lol

nah man, i was nervous as feck, hmm, i would have proof read my CV. but, i didnt even print it, i wrote it out on publisher then jus attatched it to an email, PMSL

aaah i tell ya mate, the woman who was in the interview i could have wore some sunnies an id ave looked like this mate,:cool: lol, She was Smokin lol

im so happy the gf dont like nova's or use the forum :thumb:

Thanks for all your help peoples.

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 01:35 PM
well done matey!

Novaboi_1991
18-08-09, 01:41 PM
well done matey!

Thanks mate :)

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 01:44 PM
you going to ask for an advance on your wage on friday then lol

how are you going to get paid? cash or bank? because you should make sure you have a bank account set up ready incase they ask for the details!

Novaboi_1991
18-08-09, 01:46 PM
you going to ask for an advance on your wage on friday then lol

how are you going to get paid? cash or bank? because you should make sure you have a bank account set up ready incase they ask for the details!

got a bank account now :)

nah, my trial is an unpaid trial, as its only 2 hours long,

but, should be ok

novaguy08
18-08-09, 08:04 PM
Well done!!

Just dont fluff the trial!!!!!!!!

Novaboi_1991
21-08-09, 06:50 PM
Woop!, got the job :) start next week!

Southie
21-08-09, 07:25 PM
Good lad ;)

novaguy08
21-08-09, 08:44 PM
YAY

Another PNG'er is working :D 2 fingers up to the ressecion lol

Novaboi_1991
21-08-09, 10:27 PM
Good lad ;)

:)

YAY

Another PNG'er is working :D 2 fingers up to the ressecion

Yup :)

mowgli
21-08-09, 10:51 PM
so what is the job then???

Novaboi_1991
21-08-09, 10:52 PM
so what is the job then???

it is..............

A kitchen assistant.... LOL.... but, tbh, i dont care what its doing. its money at the end of the day, an pay beats feckin job seekers allowance. lol

Spudly
21-08-09, 10:56 PM
A kitchen assistant.... LOL.... but, tbh, i dont care what its doing. its money at the end of the day, an pay beats feckin job seekers allowance. lol

In all fairness dude this country needs more peeps like you, my brother has never worked a day in his life EVER, and he is 23 in november, he has done alsorts of computery courses and other such, but wouldnt take a job like that because its not what he has done courses for:roll:

Pisses me off big time but you lad have just made me smile, cheers:thumb:

Novaboi_1991
21-08-09, 11:04 PM
In all fairness dude this country needs more peeps like you, my brother has never worked a day in his life EVER, and he is 23 in november, he has done alsorts of computery courses and other such, but wouldnt take a job like that because its not what he has done courses for:roll:

Pisses me off big time but you lad have just made me smile, cheers:thumb:

no prbs lad, im a web designer. an tbh, hate anythin unless its on the comp, but, a few months ago was a labourer, not kitchen assistant, feck it, if theres money to be made i dnt care. lol, whether im happy or not, when the nova takes shape, thatll make me happy anuff...

Cheers dude :)

mowgli
21-08-09, 11:28 PM
no prbs lad, im a web designer. an tbh, hate anythin unless its on the comp, but, a few months ago was a labourer, not kitchen assistant, feck it, if theres money to be made i dnt care. lol, whether im happy or not, when the nova takes shape, thatll make me happy anuff...

Cheers dude :)

good attitude. i am 40 & have been unemployed for three hours since 1986. i have done some strange & ropey stuff, but i've never had a penny off the state. i broke my leg badly & was back at work within three weeks....

just remember its not like gordon ramsays show.....

Novaboi_1991
21-08-09, 11:35 PM
good attitude. i am 40 & have been unemployed for three hours since 1986. i have done some strange & ropey stuff, but i've never had a penny off the state. i broke my leg badly & was back at work within three weeks....

just remember its not like gordon ramsays show.....

Admittedly, hands down, i been on job seekers for 2 months ish?, been lookin for work since, so, am happy to take the first job offered to me, as i have a dog, rent to pay, phone bill to pay, an a nova addiction to support, lol,

Thanks for the support guys :)