PDA

View Full Version : paint and where to buy/find it

Tidy Max
17-08-09, 02:13 PM
Yo chaps, seen a colour ive fallen head over heels for, its a ford colour (wash my mouth out lol) i think its a new one, ive only seen it on a new ford ka, and its an off white/creamy effort,

how would i go about finding the paint code and getting hold of this paint?!

Southie
17-08-09, 02:15 PM
Errrr a Ford dealership. :wtf:

Tidy Max
17-08-09, 03:01 PM
do they sell paint straight from the dealers?!?! bloody ingenious, cheers NBC lol

Jack
17-08-09, 03:40 PM
No, but they can tell you the code.

Then go to your local paintshop, or even Halfords (their made-to-order paint is actually pretty good) and get some made up.

In fact, they may even have it on the system by name so you might not even need the code from the dealer, just the paint name from a brochure.

Tidy Max
17-08-09, 03:44 PM
NBC you porky teller! cheers RJ, ill try that! im abit off spraying the car up, but i wouldnt mind trying to do a wing or 2 :)

Southie
17-08-09, 04:30 PM
Get your ass to Ford you traitor. lol Whats wrong with Vauxhall colours?

Tidy Max
17-08-09, 04:38 PM
hahahahaha, just so its known im am a firm firm hater of fords...mainly because they steal the award for 'quickest rusting car' off novas lol its just a nice colour, and i don't know where to look for a colours etc and i actually got chance to see a colour i liked on a car and not on paper... it just so happened to be a ford unfortunately!

i would much rather have seen a vxr arctic or something along those lines in a colour i wanted but no.... twas a ford ka, the world works in funny ways

L14MNP
18-08-09, 01:44 PM
http://www.ford.co.uk/cs/BlobServer?blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobcol=urldata&blobwhere=1214345845497&blobkey=id
Crystal.

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 01:54 PM
awhh there it is, well hard to tell off a pic, as colours vary from monitor to monitor but.. yay, i went on fords website catalogue thing for the new ford ka (used swmbos pc, didnt want to contaminate mine lol) i couldnt tell the difference between the colours though!

cheers l14, what do you think of the colour btw?

L14MNP
18-08-09, 02:13 PM
Reminds me of Honda championship white or FORD diamond white (one of the 400+ shadesn of it that isn't 'bright') not my cuppa TBH. I prefer brilliant whites.

VW Candy/Audi Ibis white FTW. Or Porsche GT3 white! But that's expensive and apparently not just a solid colour :/

Yeah that's gotta be the Ka colour you mentioned though Max, as the nearest to it was silver lol.

Could be cool on a Nova if the theme was that plus brown/beige bits though?

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 02:33 PM
how did you know sir?!?!?!

i was thinking brown under bonnet + bay, beige interior!

L14MNP
18-08-09, 02:46 PM
Good man! Off white/cream rocks with a bit of brown or beige.

A nice modern, clean look. The 'euro' boys have claimed it now, but to me it always says classic Mini!

Plans sound sweet Max. +rep for taste!

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 03:21 PM
you may neg rep me next as i dont know your km pursuasion but i hath been TINKERING, just tinkering, with the idea of mk1ing the front end, but then that takes my plans furthur away from standard, which is what i wish to keep it!

but cheers, that colour combo really does it for me too!

L14MNP
18-08-09, 03:38 PM
MK 1 it. I done that to my old 14 SR. Was on an H plate so perfect for it too.
i can't neg rep lol. I am not a member! lol

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 03:42 PM
oh right! didnt realise you had to be haha! yeah do you think thats a good idea then, i mean all i need is wings grill and bumper isnt it?

snowplough ftw lol

L14MNP
18-08-09, 04:00 PM
One piece skinny poverty grille/bumper FTW :)

You need headlights too!

I'm not a big fan of different coloured engine bays/insides but I reckon brown bumpers, wheels etc (some variation) and a top class retrim would look sweet as.

Tidy Max
18-08-09, 04:06 PM
well mines black/blue at the moment, but thats only because of a **** respray! i like them depending on the colour, and i would ONLY be doing the under bonnet/engine bay a diff colour, the rest of the car chassis etc would match the exterior!

AlexW
18-08-09, 05:51 PM
Brown underbonnet would look kool with a nice clean engine in there (a little 1300 all polished up would make it epic IMO)

This makes me want a mk1 even more.