PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

nova danny1
16-08-09, 10:32 PM
I don't know what to do with my nova and just wondered what you would do in my situation.I not working at the moment and will be going to college next month and don't really have the funds to do anything to it so what do I do?do I wait until I have the money to sort it or do I just get rid? :(

as it stands at the minute
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr63/novadanny1/SDC10164.jpg

Cle
16-08-09, 10:33 PM
Looks clean id keep it

Spudly
16-08-09, 10:34 PM
Put some waterproof sheets over it if its a good shell, throw a few silica gel sachets into the interior to keep it dry and leave it be till you have time and funds for it, simples!

craig green
16-08-09, 10:34 PM
Thats up to you.

If you have the long term vision & can be ars ed to work on it often enough, it is worth staying with. I can't emphasise enough how little it matters wether you finish it next year or in 4 years time. If you want to build it for yourself, it's ready when its ready. You blatantly dont have oodles of cash, so it'll never be a big money/cheque book build. Keep it simple & set your goals realistically.

nova danny1
16-08-09, 10:42 PM
well no it's not a clean shell it needs quite a bit of welding,my gf has said why don't i just get rid of it and just keep saving until i've passed college and spend a few grand on a gsi which is really what i want,but i just can't seem to let it go even if it does look like a shed at the minlol

nova danny1
16-08-09, 10:59 PM
this is what it looked like when i first got but with my wheels on it.
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr63/novadanny1/DSC00096.jpg

kc_08
17-08-09, 10:00 AM
keep it, i had my nova a year before i started working, meant to be going back to college in september, but as im working im not going to go as the money coming in is good!

Rysee
17-08-09, 10:35 AM
sounds like you have the a bit of time to do the cheap crappy jobs like rust prevention

LEWI007
17-08-09, 10:39 AM
clean it up and have a project going while your at college.

draper
17-08-09, 10:54 AM
use it to practice on, you can teach yourself to weld, paint, fabricate etc (assuming you cant already)

nova danny1
17-08-09, 11:38 PM
well as you've all said above thats what i wanted to do,have it as a project to do while i'm going through college and my intentions were to build it into a sleeper before i ran out of money and i've still got my old gsi engine too that could go in it.