PDA

View Full Version : Indicator Rules mirror sides!?

whitey
27-02-03, 03:33 PM
Hey guys,

I know the rules bout having to have side repeaters! And that if they on mirrors it ok if they not on wings! Just not sure if thats the same for the DTM ones with like 3 circles as indicators on the back!

The reason why I ask is because you wouldnt be able to see these from the side really and i want to know if that ok before I buy!

Whites

http://www.essexracing.co.uk/e-shop/styling/exterior_styling/mirrors/dtmwithindicators.jpg

ade
27-02-03, 03:53 PM
if they have the E mark on them theyre ok.

I've seen Mercs with side indicators and mirror indicators.

Like you say, as long as you can see them from the side theyre ok - if not just leave your sides on the side aswell...

whitey
27-02-03, 07:00 PM
Hmm, will have to investigate with the company for the E-marking! Ive seen cars with no side repeaters and just indicator ones so i presume it ok!

Me uncle knows someone who will overlook that type of stuff on an MOT ne way!

Whites

Chris LR
27-02-03, 07:02 PM
It's older cars that don't have them.

I've seen new vans (can't remember type) that have the front indicators extended onto the wing, giving side indication.

mark_GSi
27-02-03, 11:32 PM
ive took my side repeaters off and got um on d mirrors and it passed d MOT fine, no probs

whitey
28-02-03, 11:46 AM
Yeah i know its the older cars that no have em!
The front ones on the mk2 nova wrap around slightly so you can see them!

Just concerned that if i get them in the wing mirror in the fashion shown, not the usual phat lump of plastic on the end then it will fail coz i will have smoothed the ones off of the wing!

mikeoxford
01-03-03, 03:44 PM
shudnt be a problem.........