PDA

View Full Version : A sign of things to come :)

joeSRI
15-08-09, 05:15 PM
CITY 2 BLACKBURN 0 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

let_nova
15-08-09, 05:32 PM
there both crap mon th KOP!

L14MNP
15-08-09, 06:50 PM
Nice result for Sparkies boys! Here's hoping Citeh can break into the 'top 4'

I still fancy Man United for the title mind. lol
I'm listening to the North Easts shame 2-0 up against Reading ATM. You should hear the commentators and fans. Anyone would think it was a game with a point! lol
Wish I had gone with our lass to a BBQ now too :(

mowgli
15-08-09, 06:54 PM
CITY 2 BLACKBURN 0 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I didn't know Birmingham city were playing them today, but a result is a result....

L14MNP
15-08-09, 06:55 PM
The scum have a penalty now. Ameobi going for the hat trick...
*edit. 3-0 now.

FFS someone tell them they aren't beating 'United' lol.

J4MES
15-08-09, 07:25 PM
Screw City, Hughes is a nobber

FB_evolutions
15-08-09, 07:34 PM
Stoke City All The Way

L14MNP
15-08-09, 07:38 PM
Got nothing against Stoke, but I can't help feeling the Premiership is losing some 'class' a lot of the teams in it these days are minnows with no experience. Same with the CCC loads of 'small' clubs - obviously they have earned the right to play in those leagues but it seems to me as if the teams I think should be in the top two leagues aren't any more.

Damn I must be getting old! lol

Sunderland AFC for the top 6! Come on Bruceys boys! :)

Burnley
Brum
Wolves

Final bottom 3 IMO

J4MES
15-08-09, 08:04 PM
Got nothing against Stoke, but I can't help feeling the Premiership is losing some 'class' a lot of the teams in it these days are minnows with no experience. Same with the CCC loads of 'small' clubs - obviously they have earned the right to play in those leagues but it seems to me as if the teams I think should be in the top two leagues aren't any more.

Damn I must be getting old! lol

Sunderland AFC for the top 6! Come on Bruceys boys! :)

Burnley
Brum
Wolves

Final bottom 3 IMO

But if you know your history, 2 out of those 3 are traditional, founding members of the Football League..the CCC is full of 'Big' teams that deserve to be in the Premiership, however their bank balance, Sky and the gutter press tells them different- this is alas why I've fallen out of love with football for the first time in my life...

L14MNP
15-08-09, 08:07 PM
Yeah, my post is a bit hypocrytical dude I agree. Not well worded. I hate the unwarranted Sky fascination with some clubs!
I just find it hard to see what certain teams can bring to the Premiership, despite them being some of the first football league clubs.

Maybe it is time for this 'super league' lol

I am getting a bit sick of it these days too mate, especially as the CCC looks to be getting weaker with every passing season just as the PL is developing a massive rift at the same rate.

J4MES
15-08-09, 08:19 PM
Yeah, my post is a bit hypocrytical dude I agree. Not well worded. I hate the unwarranted Sky fascination with some clubs!
I just find it hard to see what certain teams can bring to the Premiership, despite them being some of the first football league clubs.

Maybe it is time for this 'super league' lol

I am getting a bit sick of it these days too mate, especially as the CCC looks to be getting weaker with every passing season just as the PL is developing a massive rift at the same rate.

True, there's a massive difference between top 10 in Prem and the rest, the CCC is full of teams that could win/ get promoted but are severly handicapped by the Premiership 'parachute' payment supported clubs.

I guess I'm just jealous of Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U/RS' almost unlimited money (doesn't mean I want it!) and all the hard work in the world and probably the best young manager in Britain can't make up the difference.

Doesn't help loosing 6-1....

Asa-James
15-08-09, 08:20 PM
no it isnt a sign of things to come. city beat blackburn, not exactly a magnificent team to begin with (no offence any blackburn supporters) and city are filled with no more than money grabbing has been's and nobodies. they will be lucky to break the top 6 this season IMO and are going to be a walkover for the bigger teams if hughs continues to play big names in obvious formations.

before i go any further, i've been a city fan all my life, and this would be my 12th year of having a season ticket, but after walking out on watching the friendly last weekend and having no desire to go and watch over rated and overblown ego's anymore my season ticket wont be getting much use this year from me. the way top level football is going is sickening, and as such i'm going to try and get to as many of my local blue square north teams games as possible this season where its all football and not about money/names/ego's.

/end rant/

J4MES
15-08-09, 08:26 PM
no it isnt a sign of things to come. city beat blackburn, not exactly a magnificent team to begin with (no offence any blackburn supporters) and city are filled with no more than money grabbing has been's and nobodies. they will be lucky to break the top 6 this season IMO and are going to be a walkover for the bigger teams if hughs continues to play big names in obvious formations.

before i go any further, i've been a city fan all my life, and this would be my 12th year of having a season ticket, but after walking out on watching the friendly last weekend and having no desire to go and watch over rated and overblown ego's anymore my season ticket wont be getting much use this year from me. the way top level football is going is sickening, and as such i'm going to try and get to as many of my local blue square north teams games as possible this season where its all football and not about money/names/ego's.

/end rant/

Your not the only City fan to walk away from Middle Eastlands, the soul has been torn from that club. They used to be the most entertaining, witty and almost negative fans in the League, but now are one of the most abnoxious, jumped up and inflated fans in the Premiership.
The geniune fans of football are becoming bored with the status quo, can't wait til the Sky oil wells dry up!!

mowgli
15-08-09, 09:20 PM
i love double standards that footie fans have......

the best and only chance for man city to be the best team in greater manchester again comes along, and the fans hate it.............

the hardcore notts county faithful are moaning that sven & his backer turned up..........

villa have been doing fine in the premiership for years with no huge signings, no sugar daddy with billions & the funniest named chairman ever......