PDA

View Full Version : -40mm drop - and bouncin

Benjoyce
27-02-03, 10:28 AM
Just got the car back from the garage with the new lowering springs, and its bouncin like a fooker on the front. do you reckon the front shocks are on there way out? i'm gonna by the matchin shocks in a few weeks, but don't know how much damage will be done if my front shocks are on there way out

burgessovsalford
27-02-03, 10:34 AM
If oyur changing them in a few weeks then alot of damage aint gunna be done, but you just wont be able to rag it round the corners or you will just lose it...

Benjoyce
27-02-03, 10:36 AM
i found it to be better round the corners, but i ain't gonna rag it anyhow coz i'm on my second head in 4 weeks!!

burgessovsalford
27-02-03, 10:47 AM
When you say bouncing do you mean when you are pushing down on ur bonnet or when you are driving its bouncing?

Benjoyce
27-02-03, 10:49 AM
when i'm drivin a long and hit bump or something, its ike bein on a bouncy castle!!

burgessovsalford
27-02-03, 10:58 AM
When you hit bumps & go into pot holes etc. you do feel them more as the car been lowered. When I hit a pot hole I FEEL alright!!! :x

When you get it lowered it effects your ride comfort, especailly on standard shocks. eg. if you get it lowered -60 it will feel even worse.

Just thinkin tho that your shocks will prob be in ok condition as when the garage fitted your springs they would have noticed. Maybe check with them an ask if they seen anything wrong with them. 8)

Benjoyce
27-02-03, 11:01 AM
yer they said they were on there way out, but i said once its mot'd at the end of march i'm gonna go and buy the shock set and put that on. all he said was it'd be better if i wired the springs to the shocks incase they pop out.

when i hit a speed bump or something, it just bonces, but theres no scrubbin so its ok i hope. it ain't gonna be like that much longer nayhow, so i was just checkin as too how much damage it'd do to the standard shocks.

whitey
27-02-03, 11:24 AM
Take it easy and you will be fine for a while!

Simple way to test is press down on each of the front sides one at a time and let go, if the car bounces more than 1 and 1/2 times shocks are fcuked!

1 1/2 times means: back up, down and stops completely on the next return!

Benjoyce
27-02-03, 11:27 AM
yer i've done that and they bounce just over 1 and 1/2 times

burgessovsalford
27-02-03, 11:40 AM
ur gunna av to get ya and in ur pocket then mate!!
Get some shortened shocks if I was you, just in case you wanna go lower than 40mm soon, cos then u wont av to buy new shocks again...

Benjoyce
27-02-03, 11:40 AM
i'm gonna buy the shocks in about a month or so.

Anton
27-02-03, 05:33 PM
I just had a full spax -40mm kit fitted

bounced all day yesterday

but now its settled :D