PDA

View Full Version : start

frog_southampton
26-02-03, 11:32 PM
When starting my car at any time of day i can turn the key
and will take maybe 2 seconds 4 it 2 start with out reving it, and dont sound 2 good...

but if b4 i turn the key i pump the accelerator a bit then turn the key will start in an instant no prob

think is a prob gettin petty 2 engine or summint?

whitey
27-02-03, 12:07 AM
Hmm, sounds like that but mine does that coz the battery is fcuk at the mo! If it is slow at starting and then speeds up, it may be the battery or dodge earth!

Otherwise possibly petty, someone may enlighten you further as i aint too sure!

Chris LR
27-02-03, 12:32 AM
I always pumped mine as starting. Mainly becasue my autochoke was fcuk.

frog_southampton
27-02-03, 01:37 AM
might try some injector cleaners?

anyone use red-x or anythin like that? what diff do all these oil/fuel additives do?

ade
27-02-03, 01:39 AM
I pump my accelerator aswell before starting. I think its coz the fuel in the pipes drains back a little so when you turn key the 1st few seconds is fuel being forced via pump into the carb. If you pump the accelerator your effectively doing this before you turn key.

I think...

burgessovsalford
27-02-03, 10:44 AM
If the car is cold then its normal to pump the accelerator when starting your car is'nt it??

whitey
27-02-03, 11:26 AM
Exactly my view guys, at the end of the day, if the car runs fine after don't worry in the mean time!
If it cuts out whilst driving, then ford have been tampering with your engine and you are likely to find a lot of focus parts included!!! LOL!