PDA

View Full Version : c16se turbo conversion

scorge01
14-08-09, 10:58 PM
hi there looking to turbo my nova gsi and was wondering what will all need and where could i get the parts? iv located a couple manifolds and turbos that am chasing up. i know i will need find oil feed,return and intercooler and exhaust. what else tho and what sort price would it cost 2 do? anyone clued up let me know:thumb: :thumb:

Southie
15-08-09, 05:24 AM
Pm Wilson_sri as he's possibly selling his turbo engine. Also maybe able to help with the parts you need. :d

Here's his advert CLICKY (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127990)

scorge01
15-08-09, 06:55 AM
cool thanx already gave him a pm last nyt so waiting on a reply

turbo-boy
15-08-09, 09:31 AM
what up im currantly doing another 8vt. eally depends how much money you hav and what whay you wanna do it. small boost i would say get a t2 turbo or a t25.,5th injector,2psi boost switch,spacer plate,and possibly water injection to add abit or reliablity to the engine and helps cool it down

scorge01
15-08-09, 09:51 AM
got about 1500 2 spend on doing it which yay would b best 4 running a higher boost. seen urs that is lookin awsome qhat sort o bhp u going 4??

stevie-p
16-08-09, 12:14 AM
there is a turbo kit for 1.2-1.6 on P.H mate

mowgli
16-08-09, 12:45 AM
to be absolutely honest, for the horsepower gains vs. the aggro, I would recommend that you get a 2.0 XE then spend a few quid on some clever stuff, cams, remap etc. the reliability will be way better & the performance will be too

Stuart
17-08-09, 09:09 AM
I would also recommend AGAINST text typing unless you want to sit in the sin bin for some quantity of time I deem fit.

scorge01
17-08-09, 05:59 PM
didn't mean to just used to text typing

Mike
17-08-09, 06:42 PM
to be absolutely honest, for the horsepower gains vs. the aggro, I would recommend that you get a 2.0 XE then spend a few quid on some clever stuff, cams, remap etc. the reliability will be way better & the performance will be too

Agreed!!

DIY building your letting yourself in for a whole whale of a fun time. Honest....

mikec123
17-08-09, 06:50 PM

I will 3rd that i was lucky, in i bought most of it done!
Be prepared for alot of work, but if you want something a little different then go for it but i would defientely go for an aftermarket ecu like dta to get the most out of it!:thumb:

craig green
17-08-09, 08:40 PM
Flat out an XE will be faster. But the torque & sounds from the 1600 do press the right buttons for me, however I say this everytime. If you have to ask, you probably wont manage it without being spoon fed the info.

There are books on the subject. That would be my starting point.

scorge01
17-08-09, 11:04 PM
yeah agreed but can do pretty much anything on an engine. am very mechanicly minded. just this is my first time working on a turbo conversion and wanted to get it right. not wantin it to just fall to bits.lol

turbo-boy
17-08-09, 11:11 PM
if you understand what way a turbo works and what not to do and what to do you will be fine.but as its custom you will probaly be working on it alot. to do it right you need stand alone ecu. a 16 8vt would smoke the life out of a stanard xe and its lighter

scorge01
17-08-09, 11:16 PM
what sort of price is the stand alone managment? and where would be the best place to pick that up? thanx for the help mate.

turbo-boy
18-08-09, 12:21 AM
diyautotune.com i think that i am going to be using mega squirt with lunch control and a wide band system. prob about 600

Stuart
18-08-09, 08:43 AM
diyautotune.com i think that i am going to be using mega squirt with lunch control and a wide band system. prob about 600

600 for MS and a wideband!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? someone is ripping you off.

You can get one of the "mass market" ECU's for about £4-500ish (possibly 2nd hand but its no biggie) and then a wideband will be about £150.

If you are spending that much money then get to real thing. If you are spending peanuts then yeah get an MS but dont pay over the odds for it