PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New here with few questions...

AW3K
26-02-03, 11:21 PM
Hi all

I'm new to this site and the nova scene.

Heres my car a 1.0L Trip

48K miles, full service history 2 lady owners from new.

http://www.a-whiteman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/car/front.jpg

The questions i have are,

Where are the jacking points and axle stand points if i want to lift the front end up (both sides)

To put both stands under how would i have to do it?

and Same for the rear.

Where does the rear speaker wires route through the car? what pannels would have to be stripped out etc to put it in as if it was wired standard.

Cos my car didn't come with any rear speakers, it didn't even come with a parcel shelf or supports :o

http://www.a-whiteman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/car/boot.jpg

So i went to scrappy and got shelf and bits

http://www.a-whiteman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/car/boot2.jpg

Any help would be great

Thanks

AW3K

CP
26-02-03, 11:36 PM
If you take your spare wheel out of the boot you should find the jack.
If you have a look at the sills about 6 inches behind the front wheels and 6 inches in front of the rear wheels you should find a notch cut out of the seam where the jack can fit into. This is fine for jacking one wheel off the ground. BUT:
If you are jacking up onto axle stands as you describe you would really be best advised to get a trolley jack cos they are far more stable and much safer.

Wiring to the rear of Novas goes along the passenger side sill, into the cavity by the rear seat and over the wheel arch to re- appear by the passenger side rear light cluster.

Looks well clean car m8!

GTE-RACER
26-02-03, 11:40 PM
Welcome 2 NovaLoad m8......nice car...48K miles....grrrr....

AW3K
26-02-03, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I should have been abit clealer about my description sorry,

I have a trolly jack and axle stands and want to raise the front end to check the stearing set up so need both sides off the ground. I don't want to be jacking it up in the wrong places.

So does both rear speaker wires go down the same side then?

Will i have to remove the rear quarter trim pannel?

It is a tidy car apart from the bottom of the rear arches are starting to go abit.

Thanks

AW3K

AW3K
26-02-03, 11:44 PM
Welcome 2 NovaLoad m8......nice car...48K miles....grrrr....

Thanks for the welcome m8

Whats with the grrrr lol

It has a full service history so its genuine.

Later

AW3K

GTE-RACER
26-02-03, 11:49 PM
The grrrr was cuz u've got yourself a nice lil Nova with very low mileage, full service history and not a single bit of rust on the body lol

Any plans on mods then???

AW3K
26-02-03, 11:51 PM
The grrrr was cuz u've got yourself a nice lil Nova with very low mileage, full service history and not a single bit of rust on the body lol

Any plans on mods then???

Oh right i'm falling asleep sorry

It is going rusty like i said above.

As for moddage, erm i dunno really

what you reckon?

AW3K

whitey
26-02-03, 11:53 PM
LOL....deffo a newbie! But yeah mint condition!

Welcome!

GTE-RACER
27-02-03, 12:03 AM
Erm...just keep it simple, GSi seats, Digi Dash, GSi bumpers, de-lock, de-badge, slam it, Zorst and sum nice alloys, not much point modding the 1.0 engine...save your money for a engine conversion or something :-D

Every1's different tho, so just go with what makes u happy, as long as ur car don't look like it's ram raided Halfords with all them neon water jets, stickers and shit lol

ade
27-02-03, 01:54 AM
Welcome to NL 8)

Remember to chock the rear wheels when jacking up front (as safety measure!)

Whenever my car gows in garage the mechanics always use trolley jack under the front suspension arms (I think thats where it goes?). You could do this and then support car using axle stands under sill.

If youre checking steering I'd personally take it to a garage...

As for speakers yep you will need to remove the rear 1/4 trim (on clips) to thread the wires behind it. not essential but keeps them hidden. you;ll also need to unscrew the plastic door skirtiong that hides all the other wires on both sides - just undo screws.

As for wiring the speakers in, looking at the last pic, youve fitted the side sipports - the speaker holes are in them - to be honest though the rear nova speakers are pants - get a decent set of 6x9's and put them in the parcel shelf.

I think I have the old speakers from my nova before I stuck my Infinitiy 6x9's in - if I can find them you can have them for nowt!

Wiring may be a problem - you need to get behind the dash at the front and depending on the stereo (presume its standard factory fit) add wires then run to rear. There is somewhere a wiring pin diagram for the speakers somehwere on the site. Sure someone will have it. i think I got one from JVC...

Ade

burgessovsalford
27-02-03, 10:31 AM
So does both rear speaker wires go down the same side then?

They dont have to, but it would be easier that way as you only need to mess about with one side of the car, eg sills, etc.

whitey
27-02-03, 11:31 AM
Just remember to wire them up correctly!

Eg. Left to left on stereo etc

And positive to positive, otherwise they will be in reverse polarity and sound basically POO!

rgv_stu
27-02-03, 12:28 PM
Just remember to wire them up correctly!

Eg. Left to left on stereo etc

And positive to positive, otherwise they will be in reverse polarity and sound basically POO!

the speaker polarity will not make it sound any different as long as they are all reverse polarity

its only there to help you setup really so the speakers are all in phase

Jim
27-02-03, 01:10 PM
If you send both wires down the same side you're going to have to run the wire across the boot floor to get to the other speaker. It might be better (and tidier) if you send the wires for the left and right down individual sides.

Welcome to Novaload

Jim

Alex
27-02-03, 01:17 PM
unless you are tinking about having an amp/other electrical device in the boot whos live feed may casue some interference if run alongside a speaker cable

RobHardyUK
27-02-03, 07:28 PM
48k blimey thats good, mine about 3 months ago when i got it had done 64k and i fort that was pretty dam good, its G-reg tho, dunno what yours is, mine hoeever now has done 68.5k, it mounts up so fast!!!!!! :cry:

mark_GSi
02-03-03, 05:59 PM
Welcome 2 NL

car does look clean m8, i think that novas look best if they are clean and low with BIG rims

i say get um rims lower it and smoth it all off and colour code it and u will get sum REAL head turns m8ty

good luck

mark_GSi
02-03-03, 06:01 PM
oh first mod should be an alarm m8ty

be the best thing u ever buy for your baby :D :D