PDA

View Full Version : How does the drive shaft and hub go back on???

DAFTJOHN
14-08-09, 04:29 PM
ok, got the shaft out but 3 hours in the pissing rain I've given up!

The new shaft was attached to the hub so Instead of just popping the new shaft in I had to remove the old hub first but can't get everything back on....

I put the inner on then I put the hub on, caliper on, steering joint and then bottom ball joint but can only get the bottom bolt of the shock on arghhhhhh. What am I doing wrong? The inner shaft is in as far as I can get it - looks fine?!?

brainsnova
14-08-09, 04:35 PM
have you tightened the driveshaft nut.

therealnovaboy
14-08-09, 04:37 PM
are you sure the outer cv is all the way into the hub/bearing?

DAFTJOHN
14-08-09, 04:44 PM
The drive shaft nut is tight and was on the hub when I bought it, the outer is tight into the hub with split pin in?

therealnovaboy
14-08-09, 04:47 PM
is is the anti roll bar fitted? somtimes you need to push it down to line up the holes in the hub/suspension.

DAFTJOHN
14-08-09, 04:56 PM
is is the anti roll bar fitted? somtimes you need to push it down to line up the holes in the hub/suspension.

No anti roll on it, the rain looks to be on for the next week too:(

bmw156
14-08-09, 05:25 PM
is the new bit you got bent possibly?

as when i bent my wheel under, i didn't notice but the tie bar was very slighty bent as well. and i could barely tell until i lined two of them up...

DAFTJOHN
14-08-09, 05:52 PM
is the new bit you got bent possibly?

as when i bent my wheel under, i didn't notice but the tie bar was very slighty bent as well. and i could barely tell until i lined two of them up...
I'll have a look and see if it's bent cheers