PDA

View Full Version : Baby xe problem/Juddering/EML HELP NEEDED ASAP!

AlexW
14-08-09, 03:54 PM
Got a problem with my tigra, 1.6 16v, X16XE. Just done the head gasket and cambelt.

The other day when i took it for its mot the EML came on after just 2mins of normall soft driving, same happend coming back, it stayed on constantly. I flashed the codes and it came up with EGR, there was no other running problems and it passed the mot without fault.

Yesterday i drove it without fault, no EML and normal running even after thrashing it.

Today it started juddering, when ever you accelerate, even on half throttle it judders like mad, after a couple of times the EML comes on and stays on.
EGR fault code showing again too.

Its fine when cruising too. Does it in every gear, no matter what rpm.

It idles fine, dont stall.

Is this the usual sympton of a faulty EGR? I dont trust ecu fault codes after all the problems i had with the nova.

Any help is great!

therealnovaboy
14-08-09, 04:33 PM
doesnt really sound like EGR. if it were to be jamed open it might be but if it was jamed open it wouldnt idle well and if it wasnt opening you wouldnt notice. what do you mean by juddering? could it be misfiring when it judders?

AlexW
14-08-09, 04:35 PM
Possibly, but i mean it proper jerks backwards and forwards, like yangaroo'ing lol

brainsnova
14-08-09, 04:37 PM
clutch control lol

therealnovaboy
14-08-09, 04:40 PM
could be fuel starvation or running lean but it could be somthing else? does the engine cut out when its juderring?

AlexW
14-08-09, 05:05 PM
Nothing to do with clutch control i can assure you lol

And maybe, it never cuts out eather. Fuel was what i was thinking, infact, just rememberd somthing, il update in a min.

Southie
14-08-09, 05:35 PM
Maybe incorrect plug gaps, are ht leads okay? Give the icv a clean and check that your breather pipes are all connected okay and not split especially the one that attaches to the throttlebody from the air intake pipe.

Jack
14-08-09, 06:06 PM
was about to say, inspect the plugs first - juddering is usually a problem with the fueling and the plugs should confirm this

AlexW
14-08-09, 06:21 PM
Think ive found the problem, fuel pump or a blocked fuel filter, it broke down at the side of the road while testing it again with the coilpack off the nova, Now it just idles, if you rev it, it cuts out.

AlexW
14-08-09, 07:19 PM
Just to add/reply to other posts. All the pipes and vaccum pipes are ok.

The ICV is clean as i cleaned it just last week, plugs i hadnt checked untill 5mins ago, all slighty white :(

Did try and get a filter but halfrauds were all out

Jack
15-08-09, 01:55 PM
White plugs = lean iirc?

AlexW
15-08-09, 02:07 PM
Yer, but after more playing around this morning. It was lack of fuel, caused by a dodgy earth! lol

brainsnova
15-08-09, 02:29 PM
Yer, but after more playing around this morning. It was lack of fuel, caused by a dodgy earth! lol

good times :cool:

clemo
15-08-09, 02:34 PM
sounds like it could be the airflow meter or something like leaf blocking the air flow meter which could be possible as youve probably had the airbox off to do the head. try unplugging it it should put it in base settings and run better.

AlexW
15-08-09, 02:36 PM
lol Read the thread. Oh and X16XE's dont have AFM's lol

Southie
15-08-09, 03:30 PM
sounds like it could be the airflow meter or something like leaf blocking the air flow meter which could be possible as youve probably had the airbox off to do the head. try unplugging it it should put it in base settings and run better.

Yer, but after more playing around this morning. It was lack of fuel, caused by a dodgy earth!

Glad you got it sorted. Maybe have a look at the nova again as wasn't you having similar problems.

AlexW
15-08-09, 03:48 PM
Nova problems are totaly differnt, and i ruled out any dodgy earths lol.

Southie
15-08-09, 03:59 PM
Swap the engines lol

AlexW
15-08-09, 04:00 PM
PAH! Nova is tucked up in a barn for now.