PDA

View Full Version : Seat wont tilt forward - help

kent14sr
13-08-09, 05:48 PM
I bought two front seats from a well know member on here - sadly when courier delivered them they had no subframes, headrests and are rather tired.

Still cleaned up ish I have since found the cable that allows seat to tilt forward (so people can get in the back) has stretched due to the mechanisms being ceased solid.

Can the cable be adjusted without ripping the seat to shreads? The mechs are now unceased.

Before anyone suggests getting a refund - I tried and it was not forthcoming!

Novaboi_1991
13-08-09, 05:50 PM
if you need the cables mate let me know il take em out the GSI seats i got off you,

Pistol Pete
13-08-09, 05:53 PM
Who did you buy them off?

TBH, probably have to unstitch the seats to get to the bar for the mechanism.

kent14sr
13-08-09, 06:05 PM
LET_Nova

He did apologise, but would not refund unless I sent them back. As the courier cost a fortune it was pointless - I would have been well out of pocket! I posted a wanted ad for blue sr/sri seats to which he responded, made no mention of missing headrests and subframes and said they only had slight bolster wear to drivers seat. They are covered in fag burns, oil stains, mould and rust marks with plastic covers snapped off plus had to weld one off subframe mounts as it was bent/snapped!

They are really fit for the skip now they wont tilt forward/recline - but ill persist - any bright ideas welcome!!

Joe = yes please ill have them mate

Novaboi_1991
13-08-09, 08:05 PM
Joe = yes please ill have them mate

ok mate no probs. jus gimmie a txt

let_nova
13-08-09, 08:20 PM
as i said to you they were in my forsale advert described as. funny how you sat the subframe wes bent or snapped all worked fone when i had them. i had them advertised for 30quid you got them for 20. what was i supposed to do refund you without me getting seats back?

kent14sr
13-08-09, 09:21 PM
as i said to you they were in my forsale advert described as. funny how you sat the subframe wes bent or snapped all worked fone when i had them. i had them advertised for 30quid you got them for 20. what was i supposed to do refund you without me getting seats back?

they should never have been offered for sale - LET_NOVA you know the condition of them as do I so do not try and justify them.

It was (these had been sat in a shed or outside for months/years) a long time since you used them - you know that as well as I do. If you want to dispute it then I can easily supply photos as they were on delivery and now (same strangely enough)

As I said you were NOT honest with your description;

1. Subframe mountings bent and cracked
2. Material covered in fag burns and stains - oil and rust
3. Ceased mechanisms on both seats and as they had been stretched they are useless
4. No subframes or headrests
5. Plastic covers - all snapped and broken.

LET_NOVA - as I said at the time I accepted your apologies but do not try and argue it now - if you do then you are on a loser - I have your emails and photos!

All I want is to get these seats working like I paid for them -

As for price - your email to me in reply to my wanted add stated £20 - you then asked for £30 to wrap them up to cover your tape and newspaper. So, I paid £25 (after I negotiated and £40 courier)

For £65 I got two seats that are useless. Useless.

If I send the back to you it costs me courier x2 = £80

Bear in mind you told me these were in "very good condition with just a 10p wear to drivers bolster"

You want to go to court let me know and ill sort it - but DO NOT try make yourself look good over this - I have the evidence and I am GUTTED I bought these for more than I could have got some from a genuine seller on here.

I remind you I left you NO negative feedback and neither did I raise a paypal dispute. But now I will raise a paypal claim as this has seriously annoyed me.

let_nova
13-08-09, 10:31 PM
they should never have been offered for sale - LET_NOVA you know the condition of them as do I so do not try and justify them.

It was (these had been sat in a shed or outside for months/years) a long time since you used them - you know that as well as I do. If you want to dispute it then I can easily supply photos as they were on delivery and now (same strangely enough)

As I said you were NOT honest with your description;

1. Subframe mountings bent and cracked
2. Material covered in fag burns and stains - oil and rust
3. Ceased mechanisms on both seats and as they had been stretched they are useless
4. No subframes or headrests
5. Plastic covers - all snapped and broken.

LET_NOVA - as I said at the time I accepted your apologies but do not try and argue it now - if you do then you are on a loser - I have your emails and photos!

All I want is to get these seats working like I paid for them -

As for price - your email to me in reply to my wanted add stated £20 - you then asked for £30 to wrap them up to cover your tape and newspaper. So, I paid £25 (after I negotiated and £40 courier)

For £65 I got two seats that are useless. Useless.

If I send the back to you it costs me courier x2 = £80

Bear in mind you told me these were in "very good condition with just a 10p wear to drivers bolster"

You want to go to court let me know and ill sort it - but DO NOT try make yourself look good over this - I have the evidence and I am GUTTED I bought these for more than I could have got some from a genuine seller on here.

I remind you I left you NO negative feedback and neither did I raise a paypal dispute. But now I will raise a paypal claim as this has seriously annoyed me.

if you have my emails and photos then you seen the seats before you bought?? i am happy to refund you if you send them back. paypal will tell you the same.

so for the record I WILL HAPPILY refund you if you send them back. not a problem. this should of neen in feedback anyway.

kent14sr
14-08-09, 04:11 PM
I started this thread to GET THEM WORKING!! Not to leave feedback.

But for record, you did not send me photos and neither did I see any before they arrived at my door - the photos are the ones I took on delivery.

Just spoken to Paypal - if I raise a dispute and its proven you were at fault you would be responsible for postage costs in anycase as well as refund of sale price. For the record I am very disappointed with them - you know that but I want to get some kind of use out of them now hence this thread.

So anymore advice on getting them to tilt forward/easy ways to replace the stretched cables?