PDA

View Full Version : delivery queries?

let_nova
13-08-09, 10:30 AM
right a while ago i sold a f28 gearbox. i organised a courier through interparcel they then sent a sub contracted courier to pick up the box to then deliver to the buyer. at the time i did not take out the extra insurance as i thought that A: it wouldnt go missing
B:was not going to get broken

well for a start they lost track of it. 3 days after it got picked up they phoned me asking when was suitable to get it picked up??? i told them it was already but they didnt have a track of it?? any way 4 weeks pat with many a email and phone call. they then tell me that it was delivered to a different address in a different city?? so i traced this house down and the couple. the buyer the (being very understanding may i say) went down to the house to be confronted by a old couple who then said that it was too heavy to lif and they didnt know who's it was so got the scrap man to take it.

so summary
told me i never had to sign anything when it was picked up
lost track throughout
delivered to a different address than booked online
delivered to a different address than on parcel
and didnt get anybody to sign for it at the other end??

they say im only entitled to £50

thoughts?

Shaun
13-08-09, 10:42 AM
you are only entitled to £50.

thats what the extra insurance is for

but im guessing they didnt deliver it to the required address within the time allowance - eg 48 hours?

let_nova
13-08-09, 10:43 AM
they never delivered it to the correct address at all! complete different city. and no-one singed for it on pick up or delivery. they just plonked it at the door. of the wrong house.

Shaun
13-08-09, 10:51 AM
your still only entitled to £50 though mate as its the same as if they lost it.

You should have put in for more insurance, live and learn i guess.

Ive learnt the same way fella with a corsa bumper before that parcelforce lost, how the fook can you lose a bumper???

let_nova
13-08-09, 10:52 AM
lol how the fuk can you lose a 48kg gearbox. and why would you deliver it to a different address than on the parcel??

Shaun
13-08-09, 11:06 AM
lol

aint a clue

Jack
13-08-09, 11:49 AM
Technically you are only entitled to the basic level of insurance cover, the reason they offer a higher level (for additional cost) is for goods of higher value. You run the risk if you don't buy it. Mind you, every single time I offer postal insurance on ebay sales, the buyers never ever take it up, but thats another story lol

Having said that, you signed up to an agreement that the courier would at least deliver to the address you specified, in the timescale they specified. Look in their shipping T&Cs (for Interparcel, NOT the sub contractor), I bet it will say delivery times aren't guaranteed but I'd be surprised if it says anything to cover them in the event of delivering to the wrong address. In which case, they're in breach of contract.

I'm at a loss as to why the older couple would have scrapped it though, surely the package should have had a delivery address on it (that YOU put on) which wasn't theirs? In which case they should have just refused the package instead of accepting/signing for it - or, if the package was dumped on their doorstep, they should have contacted the delivery company and had them take it back.

Take it up with Interparcel; you placed the consignment order with them. Doesn't matter who they subcontracted to, as far as you're concerned, you agreed with them they'd get the package delivered.

let_nova
13-08-09, 11:58 AM
the parcel was just dumped on there doorstep. no slip with it or anything. just the delivery address i put on it. it sat on there doorstep apparently for 3 weeks!!

will have a look at the T&C

cheers.

brainsnova
13-08-09, 01:20 PM
some old people are idiots.

mowgli
13-08-09, 06:26 PM
some old people are idiots.

some old people can't physically lift a 48kg gearbox up either.....

brainsnova
13-08-09, 06:54 PM
some old people can't physically lift a 48kg gearbox up either.....

they never had to move it but should of made more of an effort to sort it out as technically its not theirs to dispose of.

Plug
13-08-09, 06:58 PM
/\ so your telling me if interparcel delivered a 1L pushrod engine and dumped it on for doorstep you wouldnt scrap it?

brainsnova
13-08-09, 07:03 PM
/\ so your telling me if interparcel delivered a 1L pushrod engine and dumped it on for doorstep you wouldnt scrap it?

i would'nt touch a 1.0 litre lol

Jack
13-08-09, 08:17 PM
I'd be on the phone to Interparcel wanting to know why they've dumped an engine that wasn't addressed to me on my doorstep!

let_nova
13-08-09, 08:21 PM
but if there was no trace that interparcel dropped it off............

Jack
13-08-09, 08:23 PM
...then I'd ring the police to say someone has dumped an engine on my property lol

tbh if there was NO indication it had been delivered by a courier, I'd be extremely suspicious about it.

DAFTJOHN
13-08-09, 09:26 PM
That's just random - how did you manage to find out the g/box ended up at the old couple. Log a complaint and just state the simple facts that they delivered to the wrong address and they have them offer more than £50. They never lost it - they didn't take care of it and delivered to the wrong city!

let_nova
13-08-09, 09:40 PM
i got a law student to "get" there address lol

mowgli
13-08-09, 09:43 PM
they never had to move it but should of made more of an effort to sort it out as technically its not theirs to dispose of.

if somebody dumps an object on your property, you have every right under the law to dispose of it. sorry, but you must play merry hell into interparcel...

this bit about their subcontractor..... considering that interparcel is simply a clearing office that uses several major players, ie. ups, dhl, etc. which one collected it?? you could make a small claims court case out of it, but be realistic about the price

let_nova
13-08-09, 09:46 PM
they asked me for a valuation for the parcel and i told them that it was hard to put a value on it. she then asked to see a link to a similar item so i sent a link for one forsale on mig for £250 i sold mine for £230, realistic to me.

im classed as the highlands so it was a local company they got to pick it up.

mowgli
13-08-09, 11:01 PM
just so as we can appreciate the stupidity of the courier, where did you send it & where did it end up?????

Ben
14-08-09, 11:34 PM
Had many very similar problems with various couriers.

Sold a gearbox for clio 182 to a guy in stafford and he ended up in the warrington parcel depot to collect it as they refused to put it in the van as it was too heavy! well how the **** it get to warrington!

would of been quicker and easier for him to collect from me lol

Johnny A
15-08-09, 10:59 AM
Interparcel use UPS, but only for smaller items. Plus it would have had a large UPS waybill on it with both sender and receiver address' and a tracking number.

Sorry to hear about this though, but I have no idea what sort of money your entitled to.