PDA

View Full Version : speedo faulty

clemo
12-08-09, 11:32 PM
hi dunno if any one can help. i recently sold my j reg 1.ol nova to a mate of mine. now when i had the vehicle i put the sri white dials in but the fuel gauge never really worked properly so he said to stick the old black clocks with no rev counter back in. so i did to find that when he was doing a speed eg 30 its seemed far slower so put sat nav in to find that was actually reading 8 mph too fast whatever speed.

so hes been and got another set of clocks put them in and now it reads fine untill 60mph then it reads 10mph too fast.

cant see it being the cable as if it was slipping surely it would read to slow not fast. the same with the speedo drive. which leads back to the clocks but why would 2 sets be faulty

am i missing a trick as i really cant think of anything else

the only thing that has been touched with the clocks is the bar that holds the mileage cogs on so could set the new clocks to the vehicles current mileage could this be the problem? would it be better to just stick a set of clocks in and make a note of the mileage on the service book?

any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers

chimp007_uk
12-08-09, 11:43 PM
Sounds about right for a nova...

Mines about 6mph out on the digi clocks.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
13-08-09, 12:02 AM
Aha Novas For You On Way From Bringing Mine Home my dad got me a speeding ticket in a 30 was doing suposadly 39 but he never drives over had clocks checked(satNavJob) And There Well Out But Well Worth It

clemo
13-08-09, 08:10 PM
yeah im starting to wonder if any of the clocks out there on novas are right now, its made me paranoid i was driving mine today doing 70 and thought is this right. lol. not sure wether its right or wether im just used to the one litre and now im driving an sri its spoilt me. haha

AlexW
13-08-09, 09:32 PM
All novas over-read, Cars are allowed to overread, as long as they dont underread from factory its fine.

Jon_nova1
13-08-09, 10:15 PM
and they only have to be within a certain accuracy upto 70MPH