PDA

View Full Version : Pass Plus

Tazzy
26-02-03, 12:37 AM
Has anyone done it, is it worth it, i know that it reduces the insurance premium in the second year or something, how much is it?

cheerz!

courtenaynova
26-02-03, 12:47 AM
I have pass plus..My insurace company dont give a s**t about it tho (Liverpool Victoria). Yes its worth it...build up confidence and I payed ?100 (In August)

Tazzy
26-02-03, 12:51 AM
100 lizzies for the 6 lessons? is that good? lol i was paying 20 per lesson with bsm!

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 01:16 AM
because i went with BSM i got an offer and did pass plus with them for ?86

yes it is worth it

i have found it to honour upto 30% of your insurance.

the cheapest overall company i am with now gave me 20% for it

so i got my money back in the first year

and also it DOES help you in the 6 areas u do

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 01:17 AM
just for the record they are:

Motorway
Country
Round The Town
Nightime
Adverse Weather Conditions

and i forgot the other one :evil: how annoying

Tazzy
26-02-03, 01:20 AM
i learnt with bsm (one on colmore row) so i think ill pop in 2moz to inquire!

Will
26-02-03, 02:10 AM
my pass plus cost me ?15 and saved me 35% off my insurance equal to a years no claims bonus :D

Tazzy
26-02-03, 02:19 AM
how long ago did you take it?

it must be getting more expensive every year!

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 08:48 AM
he might not have paid for it logit ;)

Nova-Boy
26-02-03, 10:11 AM
I have done my pass pluss. I did one 6 hour lesson, down the motorway to blackpool for the day. It cost me ?100 in the instructors car, and i was back for tea time. It will get you 20% off your insurance if you go with a company that accept it. I got over ?250 off. So it is well worth it in my opinion.

No-one in my town does 6 1 hour lessons. Everyone just goes for a trip down the M6. I didn't even do bad weather or country driving.

You have to do it within 2 years of passing your test.

Hope this helps.

whitey
26-02-03, 10:57 AM
Thought it was one year??

Need to know bcoz I am going to take it but just in a bit when I can be bothered! On old mans insurance at mo so I have left it!

Does it last for the entire length of life?! For example, if I do pass plus and then get insured at 25 with a company which accepts it, will they give me a discount!?

Im just affraid coz I know my driving will be shocking compared to how it should! LOL

Nova-Boy
26-02-03, 03:14 PM
you can only use it up two two years after your test. I am sure about that. I dont think you could pull it off when your 25 sorry. There not that arsed about your driving too much eg. crossing arms and even speeding. As long as your not too silly you should be ok!!

Get off ya batty and get it booked!!

Ben (lurk75)
26-02-03, 03:40 PM
bung your instructor a back hander and he will sort it.

Fester
26-02-03, 05:20 PM
yep they have stacks of certificates just begging to have a signiture put on them, mine cost ?60

it was over 2 years ago, and now they dont give a shit, but its well worth it when youre starting out for sure

Will
26-02-03, 05:39 PM
?15 for an hrs trip down the M1 and back and that was it, lmfao @ paying silly prices i saved ?273.35p on my insurance, nice one innit :D

Hearn
26-02-03, 07:51 PM
Well dunno bout uz but I got on really well wi my instructor, tell jokes, get the crack an that (cud even get away with havn a fly fart :o ) !!

So after I had passed he noticed I had bought a powerful car, so gave me the pass plus for free!!!!

Mind you my insurance said it didn't make a difference towards my policy so didnt save in the end anyway :x

Mel
26-02-03, 09:01 PM
www.passplus.org.uk

Dunno if that might help?

Chris LR
26-02-03, 09:07 PM
I didn't want to be told what to do any longer, I wanted to get out and drive!

Tazzy
26-02-03, 10:46 PM
my instructor was a scouse, and as im a brummy, we were constanlty taking the p!ss out of each other, when i had my test, he had loads of faith in me and knew id pass, i was absolutle cacking myself, i was shaking and sweating, lol, but he had been saying from day 1 that i was a good driver! and said i should go in for the PP asap but he doesnt do the course!

darn it, i would of had a chance then!

whitey
26-02-03, 11:50 PM
So since im on my old mans incurance, have been driving for a year and wont be on my own for a few more years! There is no point in me doing it!

Tazzy
27-02-03, 01:34 AM
but by staying on your old mans insurance, you wont get any NCBs, is it worth it? i spose the PP is still good for experiance though, if youve just passed!