PDA

View Full Version : silly billy

jimbob-mcgrew
11-08-09, 12:58 AM
anyone ever taken a sparkplug out whilst the engines running and got themselves flambe'ed ?

brainsnova
11-08-09, 01:00 AM
only when i was testing for a spark and my mate turned it over before i told him to.

wwmnw
11-08-09, 01:42 AM
No, But my mate will now I know how its done, Teach him to piss me off.

draper
11-08-09, 02:47 AM
ive never done it (i make sure the keys arent even in the ignition lol) but ive seen people dance around workshops before lol

Tidy Max
11-08-09, 07:59 AM
why what happens?! does it squirt some burning fuel at you or something?! this is just the kind of thing that i would do!!

General Lee
11-08-09, 10:14 AM
You wouldn't be able to squirt burning fuel out with the lead being disconnected an all unless you are a clever boy. It would tho shoot out about 50mph, why would you do that.

Stuart
11-08-09, 10:55 AM
the flame front only travels at a "brisk walking pace".... but if you can walk at 50mph then fair play.

it shouldnt ignite with no plug in there anyway ;)

L14MNP
11-08-09, 11:02 AM
Never done that. Have touched an HT lead on a Supra though when someone decided to start it. :( lol

Jack
11-08-09, 11:14 AM
lmfao, I was about to say how the hell did it ignite? Unless you removed the HT lead, removed the plug, put the plug back on the HT lead and rested it on the head with the spark node hanging over the spark plug holeTHEN someone started the car lol

I have however seen someone lose their eyebrows when they were "testing" an ALS without the full exhaust on :tard:

L14MNP
11-08-09, 11:16 AM
LOL!

Turning over an engine with no cam cover is always funny too. Seen two people get splattered. n00bs. :)

novaguy08
11-08-09, 02:13 PM
Well I started my old Nova (white!) without the oil cap on! then went round the front just in time for the oil pressure to reach mokey****flinging point and i was quite annoyinly showered whilst wearing a white t-shirt n best jeans!

jimbob-mcgrew
11-08-09, 03:37 PM
awww yer best jeans lol

General Lee
11-08-09, 03:47 PM
the flame front only travels at a "brisk walking pace".... but if you can walk at 50mph then fair play.

it shouldnt ignite with no plug in there anyway ;)
I Meant the plug

Tidy Max
11-08-09, 06:14 PM
You wouldn't be able to squirt burning fuel out with the lead being disconnected an all unless you are a clever boy. It would tho shoot out about 50mph, why would you do that.

i wouldnt do it intentionally! just like i didnt intentionally pop the tailgate lifter off whilst i was in the boot, still hurts just as bad though lol

novaguy08
11-08-09, 06:52 PM
ohwhen the blue nova was buggered with timing I decided to look into the TB just as it was firing!

mowgli
11-08-09, 07:45 PM
LOL!

Turning over an engine with no cam cover is always funny too. Seen two people get splattered. n00bs. :)

done way better than that... me and one of the blokes at work were servicing a lorry. we'd drained the oil & refilled it, and the other bloke was in the pit next to the drain tub. he decided to ask me to start it up 'just to make sure'... so far so good, until the viscous fan engaged, and the blast of air blew hot oil all over him.

http://www.portalibahia.com.br/blogs/consumidor/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/al-jolson.jpg

Tidy Max
12-08-09, 04:56 PM
:eek: ommmmers!