PDA

View Full Version : v6 wiring problem,

Dirtydog1
10-08-09, 10:40 PM
ive fitted a c25xe into an r reg astra sport (sorry not a nova :( ) and i can get the dam thing to fire up!

i fitted one in my van 3 or 4 months ago and it fired staight up!
the sport bottom loom is slightly different though, so can any one on here give me a hand????????

basically, ive connected the green, blue, blue+brown and big red+blue wires from the v6 loom to the sport wires the same colour.

at the other end ive conected a live wire that switches to live with the ignition to the 1 pin connector next to the octane switch as well as a permanant live from the v6 loom straight to the battery.

i dont appear to be getting fuel and im fairly sure no spark! its tricky with just me there doing it!

the engine turns over fine and i have dash lights!

the bit that confuses me is the astra sport bottom loom has a two pin plug on it, one of them a switching live, the other a permanant (the switching one is the one i connected to the black 1 pin near the octane switch as above)

the thing that concerns me is that the engine was an auto! should that make a difference????????

sorry for the essay, hope you can help! cheers :thumb:

Lee
10-08-09, 10:57 PM
Auto wont make a difference.

Sounds like you've wired up stuff you dont need, and left out stuff you do!

From the V6 loom you need to connect only a switched live (black or black/yellow on an older engine), a perm live (Large wire with a ring connector) and the fuel pump (blue/red OR blue if its an older loom). This should enable the engine to start.

Have you got the immobiliser chip and ring pick up from the doner plugged in?

Jack
10-08-09, 11:03 PM
teehee :p

Sloth
10-08-09, 11:16 PM
rofl, ahhh memories....

Dirtydog1
10-08-09, 11:25 PM
Auto wont make a difference.

Sounds like you've wired up stuff you dont need, and left out stuff you do!

From the V6 loom you need to connect only a switched live (black or black/yellow on an older engine), a perm live (Large wire with a ring connector) and the fuel pump (blue/red OR blue if its an older loom). This should enable the engine to start.

the cav was an l reg, and the astra a 97 sport, do u mean the part around the barrel?

the cav got towed away today :( doh! when i did my van i litterally wired up the for wires inside, blue/red, blue/brown,green for revs and blue for temp. it started 1st time!

the blue/red wire ive connected is the biggest one from the cav loom.its not live though and it doesnt switch live either! is this the problem????? cheers

Sloth
10-08-09, 11:33 PM
blue red is just fuel pump feed. you need to feed the ecu with a perm live and a switched for it to run. follow lees instructions mate

Dirtydog1
10-08-09, 11:41 PM
ok bud,il see what mess ive made tomorrow then. i havnt used the black or black yellow, ive used blue brown. hmmmm
cheers, il see how i get on

Sloth
10-08-09, 11:51 PM
blue brown is a sensor wire iirc....

Dirtydog1
11-08-09, 12:02 AM
lol, what a pelican.cheers peeps! fingers crossed my head is screwed on tomorrow!

Jack
11-08-09, 07:52 AM
rofl, ahhh memories....
's funny, I don't recall you being there :confused:

do u mean the part around the barrel?
Yeah, immobiliser transponder jobber is the round shape thing. Should be a blue plug on the loom iirc. You'll of course also need the chip from the key as well...

Lee
11-08-09, 07:59 AM
If it was a Cav it probably wont have one tbh. i would guess its just not getting a switched feed.

Sloth
11-08-09, 08:31 PM
's funny, I don't recall you being there :confused:

i wasnt but i did sit and lol at your thread......
hence i remembered it, as a memory..... :roll:

Dirtydog1
11-08-09, 11:56 PM
right, i connected the black switched live on the other end of the loom next to octane jobby. i have a permanent live connected, inside the car i had to have blue/red and black/red both connected before the engine would start, i also connected up green and a blue wire (revs and temp) and i think blue/brown and brown/yellow.

basically i joined up the same colour wires from the v6 loom to the astra loom.

it started but runs for 2 seconds before it cuts out! i think it loses fuel feed somehow!??

all iknow is, it has to have the blue/red wire conected and black/red one for it to even start!

:( :(

Sloth
12-08-09, 12:36 PM
its an immobilised ecu. you need the chip out of the cav key and the transponder ring. if you aint got em, ebay for a non immob. ecu mate.

Jack
12-08-09, 12:43 PM
If the immobilizer was out the circuit, surely it wouldn't start though, even for a couple seconds? The 3.0 just turned over and didn't spark when we were missing the ring & chip... it did fuel though

Dirtydog1
18-08-09, 09:51 PM
solved it! it was immobilised but ive managed to by pass it! took me a day to figure it out but she fires up and runs perfect! cheers for the info chaps!