PDA

View Full Version : fuel problem?timing?

farrie boy
25-02-03, 08:04 PM
my 1.2i nova has been bouncin down the road recently and only just tickin over when stood still, but now its started to cut out when ticking over. I've changed the fuel and air filter, rotor arm, given it a treatment to clean the injectors, and still in just jumps when accelerating and im losing power when i put my foot down. spark plugs seem fine although 1 has more carbon on it than the others. whats wrong n how do i solve it?I've also seen sparks coming from the ht lead connection at the ignition coil going over and earthing on the pipe next to it?

novax
25-02-03, 08:42 PM
Sounds like your leads are breaking down, change the dizzy cap and leads. If one's more carboned up than the others it may be that lead is faulty.

Also, how many miles has it done? Have you considered that the rings may be on their way out. Get it down to a garrage and have a compression test and emissions tested.

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 12:23 AM
Have you considered that the rings may be on their way out. Get it down to a garrage and have a compression test and emissions tested.

unless its very high mileage for the age, i shudnt scare the guy!

he says its a 1.2i so it must be quite late / not that old?

try the leads first.......

burgessovsalford
26-02-03, 10:53 AM
Also like you mentioned aswell the ignition timing may need adjusting...