PDA

View Full Version : Coppers...

matt_vaughan
10-08-09, 03:59 PM
Is there a law as to when they must have siren on?

As in, when they're driving down the wrong side of a busy road towards a complicated junction?

draper
10-08-09, 04:13 PM
did they have flashing lights on ? generally the siren is only used in bursts to make traffic users aware that they are close

they dont want them on all the time as it kinda warns criminals there coming lol

matt_vaughan
10-08-09, 04:19 PM
Aye lights were on. Lots of chance for people to not see them coming though.

Stoo
10-08-09, 04:21 PM
Did they hit anyone?

matt_vaughan
10-08-09, 04:34 PM
Nah. Was a contributory factor to me hitting someone though.

draper
10-08-09, 04:39 PM

forgive my ignorance but who ? just because plod are there doesnt mean you dont look where your going ?

Stoo
10-08-09, 04:40 PM

sounds like driving without due care and attention to me.

If they have the blues on, you havent got a claim!

Pistol Pete
10-08-09, 05:06 PM

Can i ask, how?

matt_vaughan
10-08-09, 05:17 PM
Nah nah I'm not claiming or anything, was just curious as to why the copper didnt have sirens on as it was such a busy junction, and he's on wrong side of road heading towards lights where people will be coming out from a blind corner. To be honest he's lucky it happens just before he hit lights cause if someone had come out of the junction under greens (like they would have done) and he was going accross junction, he would have been t-boned.

I'm not passing blame or anything, but there were other reasons (which the person I hit agrees with fully) as to why I hit her.

He just seemed a bit "side tracked" when we were sorting everything out, as if he realised something he'd not quite done right or whatever.

I'll say again though, i'm not passing the book and without knowledge of the situation you guys can't really comment on wether I was driving without due care and attention.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
10-08-09, 05:20 PM
hi there if the "blues" were on then its fine as the siren is only there to warn drivers and if there is a que of traffic to clear way and warn people who cant see them but correct me if im wrong but that how i see it

matt_vaughan
10-08-09, 05:22 PM
Yer, I just asked the question on this thread to see if someone could clear it up for me, not as an excuse for me to pass blame.