PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Help

_JH_
25-02-03, 02:04 PM
right, a mate of mine asked me to change the grill on his merc as i was changin the discs and pads and servicin it anyway. i couldn't get the badge out ( you know the thing that sticks up with the merc logo, bit like the jags do on the front of the bonnet)

he had a haynes for the model, but it wasnt in there, only how to remove the whole bonnet. i found all the bolts etc holding the chrome grill on but the badge goes through both grill and bonnet and without shifting it the gril wont come off.

does anyone KNOW how to do it. i've tried a few things but dont wanna fiddle too much incase it breaks as it won't be cheap. (the new chrome grill was ?130+VAT!) i know its probably something simple, as anyone who has worked on a merc will know, they are designed for easy mechanical work.

jatinder
25-02-03, 06:54 PM
if you want the badge off ask a pikey

Chris LR
25-02-03, 09:13 PM
bit like the jags do on the front of the bonnet

They don't do that anymore, Europe said it was too dangerous - Might get bitten

courtenaynova
26-02-03, 12:41 AM
If I can remember correct...I THINK there is like a 'C' shaped clip that slides underneath the badge (access from under the grill if its W123 series..or from bonnet if its the new E-class). There will be like a huge spring under it so if someone tries to snap it off....it bends instead.

I also can remember them sorta like twisting into the bonnet...like it goes in one way..then have to turn it so it faces the front..then securing it/removing it.

Failing that...Phone a Merc Benz dealer

It been quite a while since I have worked on Mercedes...

By the way...My dad is selling his 380 SEC Coupe if anyone is interested. PM for pictures.
***** Blue leather, 4.0L V8, Alloys, electric mirrors-seats and sunroof, self leveling suspension, 34 miles per gallon (Economy system), Service history, Silver metallic paintwork, 2 door pillarless coupe, A.B.S, Powersteering, headlamp wash wipe, boot spoiler, Very rare car....only 11,267 produced and distributed throughout the world. I have drove this car and its a BEAST! The roar of a Benz V8!!!

Jim
26-02-03, 10:16 AM
if you want the badge off ask a pikey

LOL, quality, HAHHAHA :lol:

Jim