PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Ade

wisewood
25-02-03, 01:55 PM
We missed you mate :D

You had fun - seen any really scary spiders or snakes? been bitten by any plague infested mosquito's?

Had fun?

ade
25-02-03, 02:10 PM
Cheers m8 - yeah it was fantastic! Only got back last night (midnight)!

My bodies still on Singapore/Australia time (about 10 hours ahead!)

I'm gonna be SO knackered later. :(

Didnt see any spiders (thank god) although did check under the toilet every night! Didnt sleep for 2 nights out of sheer paranoia and getting wound up by my overactive imagination! Saw a couple of freakily HIGE cockroaches.

Went to Steve Urwins (Crocodile Hunters) Zoo in Oz - absolutely amazing - didnt see him but they jump into the cages with the crocs and get them to jump out the water after them - absolutely amazing!

Weather was SO HOT! average 31'c in Noosa Heads (north Brisbane) -
it just started to rain on our last day there - theyve had no rain for about 3 months!

You wanna see some of the modded cars in OZ - man theyre mental - even the standard ones are - eg the new V6 Holden Commadore (Holden is what Vauxhall are called in OZ) - its a BEAST! Some of the pick ups are mental. :o 8)

Overall - been off work a month (go back next Monday) and not looking forward to it. I hate it when holidays end. :cry:

Kind of stranded at the mo - my novas battery went dead whilst I was away - luckily the locks on my central locking never popped open but I cant do anything till it's recharged. Missus is moaning coz she wants to go out.

Got some excellent ideas for mods.

Ade
:wink:

wisewood
25-02-03, 02:28 PM
I saw the Holden reviewed on 5th gear or something a while back... proper mad car :D

Ben (lurk75)
25-02-03, 04:07 PM
welcome back Ade.

Did you stay in Singapore at all? We really liked it when we were there, gees man what a clean place.

The food courts are awesome.

?Marty?
25-02-03, 04:17 PM
welcome back mate! :D

Alex
25-02-03, 04:19 PM
Nice to hear you still alive :D

locky
25-02-03, 05:10 PM
Welcome back m8!

whitey
25-02-03, 08:58 PM
Welcome back Ade! Oz is amazing aint it!

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 01:14 AM
8) welcome back dude

you can help us answer some posts as my work load has been amazin since u been away! :lol: *takes all the credit for everyone elses work* :lol:

have to say a lot of people have been very busy since u bin away so u got a lot of threads to catch up on!

hope u had a good time.

Nova-Flair
26-02-03, 01:23 AM
welcome back ade! :D

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 01:25 AM
:lol: LOVE the way u start a post like this wise mate and suddenly everyone adds 1 to their post count :P

but we gotta welcome the fab guy he is back so ill let u off :lol:

wisewood
26-02-03, 02:33 PM
well ade is a like a technical and styling forums hero aint he... gotta welcome him back to the front line again. ;)

ade
26-02-03, 08:40 PM
:oops: Head expands to the size of Jupiter :oops:

8)

Started rereading threads from the start of Feb last night and fell asleep!
(Sad)

As for Singapore - absolutely stunning city and so clean! Get this they fine you for spitting, smoking is banned pretty much everywhere AND chewing gum is banned - you get locked up if youre caught gobbing it on the pavement!

LOL - just reread my post - I cant believe the swear filter changed HUGE co ckroach into HUGE Co ck!

LMFAO!

Thanks for the welcome backs though - much appreciated especially as I'm totally depressed about being back - back at work on Monday :cry:

:wink:

Ben (lurk75)
28-02-03, 12:08 PM
lol I still havent got used to being cold and back at work, its crap here i just want to go back!

When we went through customs from Malaysia to Singapore we were asked by the customs officer if we had chewing gum, didnt bother about drugs or guns was just worried about chewing gum!!!
Was also a bit embarrising as i had my Bristol City shir on and he knew that we have a bad violence record :oops:

ade
28-02-03, 11:08 PM
lol!

Chewing gum can be a dangerous weapon - especially if you rub it in someone's hair!

:x

frillip
28-02-03, 11:11 PM
i know yeh worse than gettin stabbed or blown up