PDA

View Full Version : front brake lines

Jack
08-08-09, 06:17 PM
As above. Situation is I have shot flexi bits on mine, now I DO have braided hoses to go on but the join between the pipe and flexi on mine are fcuked so I can't remove the flexi section.

So I need either a complete set of lines from servo to caliper - flexi section must be in top condition, or at least the join be good enough that the flexi bit can be removed.

OR

a set of servo to flexi pipes without the flexi section, but the join on the end must be in good condition so that I can put my braided hoses onto them.

Do NOT want lines with knackered hoses, or lines with fcuked joins. Ta.

No immediate rush for these, its just something that needs doing but I keep forgetting. So thought I'd make a post whilst I thought of it lol

16v Nova Kev
08-08-09, 06:43 PM
i could make you a set i work the servo to flexi ones

Adam
08-08-09, 07:19 PM
So you need the rigid lines between flexi and MC?
Just get a £7 roll of copper pipe and diy

craig green
08-08-09, 07:45 PM
Aye, remake the copper/hard lines & fit your flexi's.

Jack
09-08-09, 11:36 AM
So you need the rigid lines between flexi and MC?
Just get a £7 roll of copper pipe and diy
Yeah, but what about putting the joins on them for the flexi bits?

AlexW
09-08-09, 11:41 AM
You would need a flaring tool, You can buy all the stuff you need for about £25 iirc.

16v Nova Kev
09-08-09, 12:07 PM
Yeah, but what about putting the joins on them for the flexi bits?

buy me the copper pipe and i will measure my front ones copy them put ends on and post them:thumb:

Lee
09-08-09, 12:16 PM
We could take off your originals and take them to Motor Aids in Yate, they could copy them iirc.

Ernie
09-08-09, 12:48 PM
i have a pipe flaring kit mate.

Rich
09-08-09, 01:54 PM
Take the old pipe and a motor factors should be able to flare the ends (and supply everything you need)

Easiest way imo

Jack
11-08-09, 08:17 AM
We could take off your originals and take them to Motor Aids in Yate, they could copy them iirc.
That could be a win :)

Erm, might need you to check out the front panel too next time I come visit. I think the tie bar mount is tearing itself apart lol

Lee
11-08-09, 06:40 PM
That could be a win :)

Erm, might need you to check out the front panel too next time I come visit. I think the tie bar mount is tearing itself apart lol

Oh noes!!!!!

Mike
11-08-09, 06:43 PM

LMFAO!!