PDA

View Full Version : 1600 turbo (how to)

16v Nova Kev
08-08-09, 02:12 PM
can anyone tell me exactly what i need to turbo my 1600 im using a c16se bottom end and a e16se head/cam and manegement. i also have a piper bp300 cam and vernier would this be any good. any replies and help would be great thanks :thumb:

Adam
08-08-09, 02:52 PM
Cam is of no use to you.

Rich
08-08-09, 03:02 PM
Lower the compression, work out the manifold/turbo fitment, probably need to use a remove oil filter, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, oil feeds and return to the turbo, intercooler/pipework...

Theres a couple of project threads on 1600 turbos but its more of a do it as you go kinda thing.

16v Nova Kev
08-08-09, 03:22 PM
Cam is of no use to you.

ok would i just use standard then:thumb:

16v Nova Kev
08-08-09, 03:24 PM
Lower the compression, work out the manifold/turbo fitment, probably need to use a remove oil filter, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, oil feeds and return to the turbo, intercooler/pipework...

Theres a couple of project threads on 1600 turbos but its more of a do it as you go kinda thing.

cool just wondered what turbo people were using

let_nova
08-08-09, 09:21 PM
t2?

Adam
08-08-09, 09:59 PM
ok would i just use standard then:thumb:
Better option yeah.

Something around a T25 turbo would work well.

Mike
09-08-09, 01:51 PM
Bear with me a few weeks an ill know up a rough (literally rough) thread on the bits i used to make it *easier* to do.

16v Nova Kev
09-08-09, 07:04 PM
Bear with me a few weeks an ill know up a rough (literally rough) thread on the bits i used to make it *easier* to do.
cool cheers :thumb:

craig green
09-08-09, 07:09 PM
Or search for the thread from about a fortnight ago when I detailed it yet again.... :(

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1005377

Dirtydog1
09-08-09, 07:16 PM
standard cam, t25 is good, take the oil feed from pressure switch at the back of the block.
depending on how insane you want the car, if you keep the standard se block and head with a single gasket, run 10psi bosst with a big cooler you will have a real animal! but be warned you have to set the timing and fueling just right or you will crack the pistons.

otherwise use the lower compression block and your se head and management.

from experience dont bother with 2 gaskets or 2 and a shim. they are ****e. but thats my opinion.

if you really want to go to town on it, why not make your own manifold out of a four branch? i made mine to go upside down, you get better oil flow and it looks the tits :)

16v Nova Kev
09-08-09, 11:07 PM
Or search for the thread from about a fortnight ago when I detailed it yet again.... :(

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1005377

i did a search but computer said no lol cheers tho i will go and read :thumb:

vBulletin Message

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

16v Nova Kev
09-08-09, 11:11 PM
if you really want to go to town on it, why not make your own manifold out of a four branch? i made mine to go upside down, you get better oil flow and it looks the tits :)

sounds good any pics of your manifold thats the bit im going to struggle with
i was also thinking about getting the pistons skimed to lower the comp im not into 2 gaskets cheers:thumb: