PDA

View Full Version : how to make them fit?

ashman
25-02-03, 12:37 PM
I have got a set of AEZ allays now, the fronts fit fine but the backs are a bug*er. They are 15's, 195/50/15 tyres, but they have an offset of 35! any chance of me getting them to fit? i've already had the lips cut on my arches, is there much else i can do?
any help would be great.
Luke

wisewood
25-02-03, 12:48 PM
NO CHANCE!!! :o

offset of 35 is way out.
You want between 45 and 49 - 49 being the preference.

Jim
25-02-03, 01:26 PM
You could try getting 195/45/15 tyres.

Also, you could try pulling your arches out to give you the clearance. It'll be a big job to do. Some people try using a jack inside the arch and carefully open the jack out so that it pushes the arch out. You could take it to a proffesional bodyshop to get some wider arches welded in. Or you could look at getting a wide arch bodykit.

Anything is possible, a lot of the european guys have offsets in the 30's. They seem to manage :)

Don't give up, but think about the cost. Will it all be worth it, would it be cheaper to buy yourself a new set of wheels which are the correct offset?

Jim

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 12:56 AM
try pushing the arches out like slim said if you want.

take it steadily and do it right youll be fine.

no going back though other than replacement pannels.

did this on my best mates GTE and he got some golf alloys on it, they were way out.

put a plank of wood the full length of the arch, and jack in the centre, dont use just teh jack ull crease it

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 12:57 AM
and if the wood is a TINY bit flexible it will curve the arch a bit rather than push it out striaght, although too softer / bendier a wood and itll be like having no wood at all and the jackll crease the middle just the same

Ben (lurk75)
26-02-03, 03:48 PM
plus will handle like a sack of spuds, flog the honda wheels and get some different ones.

Wiggie
26-02-03, 04:27 PM
:lol:
typical ben, str8 to the point i spoze?

Ben (lurk75)
26-02-03, 04:52 PM
its true, at you will lose a lot of handling.

as said the euro lads fit them but they have straight flat roads and most are show cars, if its a show car do the work if there the wheels you need but for driving forget it!

whitey
27-02-03, 12:02 AM
Flog em! Agreed and going going gone!