PDA

View Full Version : I GOT FLASHED

DEE'S NOVA
25-02-03, 12:23 PM
went to but bumpers for my car last night came up to a speed camera i slowed down then once i was clear of the lines a good bit clear FLASH the bastart got me and i looked at my speedo and i was sure i was doing 32 34 at the very most :evil: so not only have my no claims this year it looks like me points will be going up so think i'll be buying a push bike

has anyone ever bought that book that has the loopholes and can get you off with things if so any good as i'm thinking of buying it

MattNovaSport
25-02-03, 12:55 PM
I would be suprised if you are done and you where not on the lines.

Was there a car going the otherway that could have set the camera off.

P.S. Most counties set there cameras to speedlimt +10% +2 so in a 30 about 35 mph (some are more strict though)

Jez414
25-02-03, 01:28 PM
if you dont get any thing with in 15 days then the police cant do any thing about it.

check this out www.ukgatso.com have a look about ther might be someing there that might help you...

MattNovaSport
25-02-03, 01:39 PM
Jez,

That is not true, the 2 week rule is a myth. The police can do you 2 years away if they want.

The problem is all down to you saying you cannot remember who was driving the car. After 2 weeks it can be said that it is acceptable that you might not remember.

BUT !!! Get the wrong judge and 1 year down the line you could still be convicted of the offence.

DEE'S NOVA
25-02-03, 04:07 PM
so matt do think if i do get something through i should say i can't remember who was driving that night?

wisewood
25-02-03, 04:08 PM
it'll save you hassle in the end if you just cough up the money mate.

MattNovaSport
25-02-03, 04:11 PM
If the NIP comes after say 1 month then get a lawer who knows about these cases and discuss.

Otherwise as the man says pay it and forget about it

?Marty?
25-02-03, 04:15 PM
Yeah, wisewoods right.

You might get the option of doing a Driver awareness course and paying ?90, but no points, rather than 3 points and ?60 fine.

The thing with you saying that you can't remember who was driving works on the principle that if you admit you are incriminating yourself, and it goes against your human rights freedom to a fair trial i.e. innocent until proven guilty, in that it's the polices job to prove who committed the offence.

But, assuming the car is registered in yoru name and you're insured as the main driver...

Just pay up mate. (That's if you actually get done for it). - sometimes the flash goes off, but there's no actual camera inside.

Nova-Boy
25-02-03, 04:16 PM
Some speed cameras dont even have film in, so i have been told. If this is the case lets hope that one didn't!!

wisewood
25-02-03, 04:19 PM
yupp thats true.

Wiggie
25-02-03, 04:28 PM
has anyone ever bought that book that has the loopholes and can get you off with things if so any good as i'm thinking of buying it

yeah aparently that book is mint, written by an ex police man, i nearly boughtit bout a month ago. dunno why i didnt. i know about the hand held radar gun loop holes, but not bout the fixed cameras.

frog_southampton
25-02-03, 07:32 PM
got caught goin through a speed trap in road works by a temp speed cam.,..

what can i do?

dont wanna get points coz i drive 4 a livin?!

Wiggie
25-02-03, 07:37 PM
well, you need to ask to see the "calibration certificate for the morning of that day, as by law there gun has to be calibrated every morning....alot of the time the feds slack off and don't.

spoze you write off? , dunno...i NEED that book!

frog_southampton
25-02-03, 07:41 PM
can i get it in WHSmiths ?

might go and have a look 2morrow

frog_southampton
25-02-03, 07:42 PM
whats it called?

MattNovaSport
25-02-03, 07:48 PM
Frog,

You do not say what sort of a speed trap it was ?

This will be important in getting around it. (IF YOU CAN)

Benson
25-02-03, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that if u send a cheque for a couple of quid more than they ask for, they won't get round to giving you your change. they cant give u points until the transaction is complete.

frog_southampton
25-02-03, 09:32 PM
was a police man stood in the road works holdin a speed gun

?Marty?
26-02-03, 02:43 AM
Nah Benson, that's carp too.

Supposively - points are not endorsed until all transactions are complete. So if you send them a cheque for a bit more than the fine, they'll send you a cheque for the balance and the points won't be added until you cash it.

But that's crap, as the points will be added as soon as they receive payment. Whther you cash your cheque or not. In fact, they'll probably won't even send you a refund.

novaexplod
06-03-03, 08:33 PM
you can have 10% thats it so its 33 obviously. my m8 got dun for 35. the cameras are mostly fakes but the real ones arent always on or have film in. dependin where u live they are on timers to go on n off at different times and places. they can do u up to bout 6 months afta that it probably aint gonna happen, they can still get u if ur back wheels have just left the final line