PDA

View Full Version : carb to mpi help

Fow16v
08-08-09, 12:01 AM
evening all
as some of you will of seen in my project thread i have recently bought a mk1 nova with a 1.2 8v carb engine that i am planning on converting to 1.6 16v injection, im ok with the conversion as far as wiring mounts, gearbox etc goes but the one thing im not sure on at the moment is the fuel. Im wondering what is needed to convert to mpi? will i need to change the tank? how many lines do i need to run is it just one for flow one for return?
ive still got the tank here from the corsa gsi donor car will i need to change the pump or has the carb engine even got a pump? also will the corsa tank fit in place of the nova one?

any help will be much appreciated here so i know what to get hold of or if i can throw away the corsa tank

Thanks

Ryan :tard:

AlexW
08-08-09, 01:05 AM
Your best bet is a Nova SPi fuel tank with a mk3 astra MPi pump, your have to run new lines (20year old carb lines wont take the fuel pressure).

The carb engines fuel pump is on the camcarrier driven by the cam.

Will F
08-08-09, 11:14 AM
Let me know if you need any help/parts dude - i have all the lines and the pump off my Gsi if need be?

Fow16v
08-08-09, 11:17 PM
may take you up on that will, got an astra gsi pump up the unit aswell as a corsa one. may want the tank off you tho, pm me a price and what bits yiou have.

Ryan

Will F
09-08-09, 11:34 AM
dont have the tank, but its not essential tbh - I have all the metal lines and clips etc though...