PDA

View Full Version : whats a 1.8 carb nova worth?

guydewdney
25-02-03, 09:35 AM
Thinking about chucking a 1.8 carb engine into my 'spare' nova that im going to sell - but is it worth the hassle? what would people be willing to pay? currently has 1.2 carb in it.

is there anything else i should do at the same time (5 speed F14? is going in with it)

d reg, lots of mot, black, sr interior, rev counter dash
email me? guy@dewdney.co.uk if u r interested.... :lol:

Jim
25-02-03, 10:44 AM
If your throwing in the 1.8 engine to try and sell it for more money, I think you'll be wasting a lot of time and effort. People don't usually go for the 1.8 conversion because it's a large block engine producing low power in comparison. The power to weight ratio won't be as good as it could be. I think it would be better and less hassle to yourself to keep the 1.2 engine in it, sell it, and let the buyer decide if they want to do an engine conversion. Having a 1.2 engine in it will also make the car more affordable to first time buyers after a cheap run-around. Usually when they've had the car for a year and got themselves some NCB they then look at doing an engine conversion.

If you are thinking of doing the 1.8 conversion beacuse you want to give it a go, then fair enough :)

Jim

wisewood
25-02-03, 10:56 AM
I agree with Jim - keeping it as a 1.2 leaves you a wider market to sell your car to... chuck a 1.8 in there and you are gonna have to find someone wanting a faster car.

Fester
25-02-03, 11:29 AM
isnt the power something like 115bhp?

a regular 1600 with a couple of mods will have the same power, bigger power to weight and handle better

toughy
25-02-03, 09:39 PM
an 1800 injection is 115bhp, an 1800 carb is around 95bhp probably less. so really a total waste of time cos you will have 14sr's taking the piss out of you

guydewdney
27-02-03, 07:39 PM
Fair enuf...

Anyone want a 1.2L black D reg nova :lol: ? with a spare 1.8? :D :D

and two spare 1.2s....

Thanks for taking the time guys

Guy

wisewood
28-02-03, 11:03 AM
not fussed about the engines... but how much you wanting for the car :lol:
i am skint at teh moment but if its cheap like the budgie says... might stretch to it.