PDA

View Full Version : MOT - Fail!!

gtachorley
06-08-09, 09:32 PM
Remembered that MOT was due this month (or so I thought), dug out the documents to check when exactly, only to find it expired in June :eek:

So did a few checks and booked it in, it has failed on Rear brakes not working at all lol. Fronts are fine!!

Tester suggested rear cylinders may be stuck so had a look at em tonight but struggling to get em off ended up snapping the bleed nipple so swore at it for a while, then soaked the bolt in WD40 and gave up for the night :(

Given up for the night and had a google but I cannot find anywhere to buy two new rear brake cylinders (in the drum) anyone bought these before or any ideas where I can get some from??

John
06-08-09, 09:34 PM
wheel cylinders can be bought from any good motor factors, even halfords or vauxhall.

Rich
Vauxhall, any decent motor factors. Id go for the motor factors personally for the price difference

edit- too slow john beat me!

corsakid
local motor factors if all else fail halfords will be able to order yousome cylinders (dont expect them to be right though lol)

John
06-08-09, 09:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Astra-Cavalier-Nova-Rear-Wheel-Cylinder_W0QQitemZ350220883036QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item518aca94 5c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Rich
06-08-09, 09:39 PM
Motor factors should have them in stock, if they dont just go somwhere else! Assuming you want it back on the road asap

gtachorley
06-08-09, 10:38 PM
Yeah off to the local place in the morning.

Need the car on the road, might **** work off for the day, just found out they are finishing me on Monday.

Cant believe my MOT ran out in June, been driving to work and back everyday (least 45 minute each way) and car should be on ANPR cos I have a section 59, least thats one bit of luck lol

Southie
06-08-09, 10:49 PM
This is one of the reasons why the dvla need to send out reminders for mot's, just like they do the car tax.

AlexW
07-08-09, 09:15 AM
This is one of the reasons why the dvla need to send out reminders for mot's, just like they do the car tax.

Well yes but they would argue that you have a sticker on your mot test sheet to stick to somwhere your see it and remember (or like me stick it on somthing and then change that item lol)