PDA

View Full Version : where to put the fuel pump live.

speedyd
06-08-09, 07:58 PM
i have tryed lots of diffenert places. but where ever i put it it just come on and stays on even before the car is started. i have put to the cig light live. it does start and runs fine but there must be a better place. i have even tryed the red/blue in the relay but does the same. come on on the second click of the key.

help me please!!!:confused:

mowgli
06-08-09, 08:24 PM
what engine is it?????

on a 1.6 8v, the pump comes on when the red lights are on the dash for a second or so, and them turns off. it then turns back on when the starter turns & the engine runs.

on an XE it comes on when the red lights are on & stays on.

speedyd
06-08-09, 08:26 PM
its a 2.0 8v out of a astra gte

mowgli
06-08-09, 08:28 PM
ok, ask 'lynz' then, or 'my nova sr' they run 2.0 8v

speedyd
06-08-09, 08:31 PM
ok cheers

Benn
06-08-09, 08:54 PM
Are you running it thru the relay then to power? It needs the relay or it will just stay on.

Graeme
06-08-09, 09:01 PM
on an XE it comes on when the red lights are on & stays on.

This is incorrect on an xe it comes on when you start cranking

Mark Sparks
06-08-09, 09:16 PM
This is incorrect on an xe it comes on when you start crankingI thought it was on a timer like glow plug cant beleave i dont know for sure. will be something to find out for the future. good question:thumb:
Unless im being thiklol lol

Benn
06-08-09, 09:16 PM
Timer? The the relay switches in on and off as needed.

Mark Sparks
06-08-09, 10:08 PM
Timer? The the relay switches in on and off as needed.I was saying in the pump mate. what i know is when a glow plug gets to surtain temp then it tells the ecu to switch off, so if a fuel pump works the same way then wants its up to max fuel presure then it tells ecu to switch of ! :)

John
06-08-09, 10:11 PM
I was saying in the pump mate. what i know is when a glow plug gets to surtain temp then it tells the ecu to switch off, so if a fuel pump works the same way then wants its up to max fuel presure then it tells ecu to switch of ! :)

Eh? the fuel pumps runs all the time? fuel pressure is regulated by the er, fuel pressure regulator, at the fuel rail.

John
06-08-09, 10:12 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98133

this is for the xe engine, but the ne/seh is almost identical. The fuel pump relay works in the same way.

MK999
06-08-09, 10:15 PM
Eh? the fuel pumps runs all the time? fuel pressure is regulated by the er, fuel pressure regulator, at the fuel rail.

I did think the fuel pump ran intermittently for ages actually, it was only when i stripped out my car that I realised it runs all the time, does make more sense though when you have a return on the fuel rail.