PDA

View Full Version : Im after a performance exhaust which 1 shud i get?

nova dosed
24-02-03, 09:26 PM
I got a 1.4sr and cud do with a performance exhaust there is so many to choose from me car has a kent cam, 4 branch, k and n and webber 32/34 carb. I just need a performance exhaust as i have a standard centre section and a magnex back box which im selling. As there is louds of choices im not sure which will give the best performance and sound (thats a must lol) any suggestions

Ta

jatinder
24-02-03, 09:37 PM
get the best you can afford, ive got a mongoosse but ive heard that magnex is usually better for novas i dont know why though.

nova dosed
24-02-03, 09:57 PM
whats the mongoose like? Also s/s or mild any difference in performance or just long lasting as s/s wpnt rust

Nova_Tek
24-02-03, 10:33 PM
have you tried Sportex systems?

You can find em at this site: www.tuning.co.uk

I got the 3" backbox which sounds beautiful even on my standard center pipe! That cost me ?57

You can get full systems from ?109 3" and upward like DTM's 3.5" Twin Pipes all designed for novas!

Giv it a go!

mikeoxford
24-02-03, 10:39 PM
i have a mongoose stainless steel system from manifold backwards and a sportex 4-1 manifold up front

love it

ill tell you the BHP figures on friday when it goes velos.........

jatinder
25-02-03, 07:15 PM
if its s/s it just lasts longer sounds nice not to obtrusive and pops some times on overun it sounds quite nice, looks wise it just about the right size dosnt look like ive tack welded a family size tin of beans to the end like other novas ive seen!

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 12:40 AM
looks wise it just about the right size dosnt look like ive tack welded a family size tin of beans to the end like other novas ive seen!

i dont know why

but to me 4" exhaust looks VERY boy racer ish especially inward rolled ones, very bean can stylee

yet my 3.5" mongoose system looks great :?

whitey
26-02-03, 10:44 AM
Yeah and a few so called 4" systems are not! For example! Peco BB4 are actually 3" exit with a 4" Bore so effectively a BB2 with a bean can on!

There isnt nothing wrong with Peco, nor is there with HUGE exhausts as long as you have the same theme throughout the car! Big bumpers etc for example.

Nothing worse than a typical boy racer image of a standard bodge job nova with a 4 or 5" tail pipe on it!

mark_GSi
27-02-03, 11:36 PM
y not a powerflow??? got 1 on my and it sounds like a scooby!!!

nova dosed
27-02-03, 11:44 PM
i agree powerflow arew a good exhaust but the waiting list is quite long especially as i need a sat. Ive gone for a pipper 1 now any way there supposed to be quite good at the mo full s/s