PDA

View Full Version : c20let nova exhaust?

doug_sri
05-08-09, 11:59 PM
I am looking to sort out the exhaust on my nova, currently it has the standard c20let downpipe on it then I modified it to suit the old exhaust I was running, think its around 2", maybe less but cant say for sure without measuring it. I also removed the centre box from the exhaust so there are several cut/welds in the centre section.

First of all what is the ideal bore of exhaust I should run, 2.5" i was thinking?
Secondly if i was to run this bore with just a back box, would I be able to keep the noise below 105db tested at 3/4revs from 0.5meters behind the car? It seems quite quiet compared to some cars currently, especially when just revving it.

I have been quoted £285 for a powerflow system to be fitted with a 2.5" system running from basically the sump back, no cat, no centre box, just a back box with 3.5" tail pipe.
Does this seem alot of money considering its just one box and a piece of bent pipe?
Im running a calibra gear stick so really from the sump back there to the fuel tank there isnt really much bending required until you get to the axel.

mulletor
06-08-09, 03:02 PM
yeah powerflow will be the way forward. ask for 2.5 inch .
i would recommend staying and watching it too as you can tell them to put flanges on etc .

or you will come back and the exhaust will be all one peice and you will never be able to get it off.without removing the rear beam. lol

doug_sri
06-08-09, 03:42 PM
thanks for the reply,

What do you recommend with regards to a centre box, should I leave it without one or will going up to 2.5" bore make it excessivly loud?
As I have said I took the centre box out the old exhaust as it was really quiet and that made it sound much better.
Will performance be effected much between having a centre box and not having a centre box?

Cheers

Paul
06-08-09, 05:41 PM
without knowing the spec of your engines we'd be guessing.

doug_sri
06-08-09, 06:27 PM
Hi,

Engine is c20let, running phase 2 chips, saab red injectors, c20xe inlet cam and vernier pulley, hyrbid turbo, frontera intercooler, lightened flyhwheel. Think thats it

Thanks