PDA

View Full Version : HELP

SRking
24-02-03, 08:29 PM
alrite this may sound stupid but how d u get the standard mk2 bumpa on a mk2 as i used 2 hv a mk1 and it is totally different.

and ive jus added a cherrybomb backbox 2 my car can a sportz backbox effect ur catalytic converter in anyway as ive bin told it can, wud it be betta 2 hv a full sportz system all the way through.

wot carbs can i put onto a 1.2i engine

wud much appreciate a reply

matt

Chris LR
24-02-03, 10:02 PM
If you took it off, It will be the reverse of how you took it off :wink:

The Mk2's have bolts inside the rear arches, that should be the only difference.

Jim
25-02-03, 09:42 AM
A full exhaust system will give you better performance than just a backbox. If your after more power for your 1.2, theres a guide in the technical section about modding a 1.2 to get the most out of it. You can actually get a set of twin 40's onto the 1.2. It depends how much you want to spend.

Check out the post here

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66761

Jim

ade
27-02-03, 01:02 AM
bumpa (front) - screws (or clips) underside along bottom (usually), 2 screws on either side on inner arch to hold side of bumper to front wings, 2 scews holding the bumpa chassis to the car chassis either side on the engine bay part under the arch. You 1st need to remove the grill section 1st though - to do this prise the clips from under the front lights apart using a screw driver (use cloth to protect paint), then unclip the 4 clips holding top of grill to slam panel (where bonnet latch goes) - push down on middle section with screw driver. Pull off then undo screws on bumpa and pull away.

Rear - 2 fiddley screws on side holding bumpa to 2 slide clips - release these 1st. Unclip the rear number plate light and disconnect from wiring. Then open boot remove carpet and on back of boot wall you'll see 2 screws - undo these. They hold the rear bumpa chassis to the boot. Then gently pull. You may need (as with front ones) to prise the sides of the bumpas away from the bodywork.

Reverse for refitting

Ade
:wink: