PDA

View Full Version : digi dash

david_walker17
24-02-03, 06:57 PM
hi everyone, i need to no if any1 nos whats involved in fitting a digi dash into a phase 1 nova with the flat dash and what i will need to do the job, let me no please cheers

whitey
24-02-03, 07:08 PM
Goto Mikes site:

www.nova-land.com Link to guide there I think!

If i were you, Id buy a nova 2 dash and fit that first! Much less hassle and a piece of piss to do!

Whites

mikeoxford
24-02-03, 10:41 PM
stay with the mk1 dash!

once you get the correct suround its an easy enough job to do.........

also i think it looks good in mk1 dash when its done

SO many mk2s about with em :?

be bold

be difrent

mikeoxford
24-02-03, 10:42 PM
and yes theres two or three guides concerning difrent aspects of the digidash on nova-land.com

there is the oil pressure sender guide to go on yet, cannae be arsed to upload it at mo im too tired!

novax
25-02-03, 09:08 PM
I like what Mike said about the Mk1 dash, though with all the resorces of Vaux-MD we still kicked it into touch and fitted the Mk2 dash. It was doing my head in trying to get the digi-dash to fit. As Mike says you'll have to fit an oil pressure sensor as well.

whitey
25-02-03, 11:44 PM
QUESTION for Mike!

Y do you ALWAYS make a comment and then make another post after! Is this something to do with catching old wise one?

Sorry, not being nasty, just noticed that in a lot of your replies you do this!

mikeoxford
25-02-03, 11:53 PM
:| not at all

:cry:

i checked it out meself and if you have a look in all the posts by myself, searching for any post with my name as the authur i USALLY and on MOST occasions wirte once.

i told wisewood the other day wen we was spkin on msn

sometimes i hit submit, and then suddenly think of summat else to write, and with the amount of posts i DO try to do for you lot, hitting edit button all the time is very time consuming, and i have to go all the way out of a post and back in again.

another point to note is i do it INTENTIONALLY sometimes, when i want to chat to more than one person in a thread, like qutoing two difrent people, or sometimes if a post goes off topic, ill do a stupid reply, and also a reply relating to the topic

similary if a person asks more than one question

now then - have i put everything i need or do i need to send another one? :P :lol:

im also forgetful too which dont help

mikeoxford
26-02-03, 12:01 AM
im also forgetful too which dont help

hmmmm

heres the second post just incase i forgot to send the first one :lol:

TaiTers
27-02-03, 08:12 PM
I just got a digidash tonight for ?30 Im just having trouble getting hold of the speedo bit that goes on the gearbox?

Gonna hunt round the scrappies tomorrow.

whitey
27-02-03, 08:57 PM
SORRY Mike, no bitchin! Just noticed it and wondered y you didnt edit the post!

Aragorn
27-02-03, 09:48 PM
tai - if its an 8v dash then get one off an SPi nova (late 1200 and 1400 engines)

as they use the same 6 pulse signal that the original 8v sender used

TaiTers
27-02-03, 10:37 PM
Cheers for the reply aragorn.

I think Im looking round the scrapies for any astra GTE as they all had the ends and the transponder.

Can you verify this for me m8? so I know what Im looking for :wink:

Aragorn
28-02-03, 10:49 AM
well aye but most astra GTE's that are missing the dash will be missing everythin else too

u also need to make sure u get the right sender

if its an 16v dash u need a sender from a 16v - and those will DEFO be rare since ive yet to see an astra gte 16v in a scrapyard with the engine still in place

8v dash then u need an 8v sender OR an SPi sender from a nova

the loom plugs are the same for both im sure

whitey
28-02-03, 11:38 AM
16V dashes and so aint n e more rare! This is ALWAYS said!

Just post on the wanted forum and check the parts forum regulary! You will get one come up!

TaiTers
28-02-03, 05:17 PM
got one for ?3 at a scrappy :)

mikeoxford
01-03-03, 03:43 PM
ggggrrr u live just down the road from me Tai!

where u find all these cheap scrappies ??? :evil: :evil: :evil: