PDA

View Full Version : MOT woes, emissions?

Tidy Max
05-08-09, 05:22 PM
well had the mot on my van (1.7dti isuzu Vaux astra) AGAIN today, some of you may remember it failed about a month ago, took me a long time to find a fuel leak and source a part to get it sorted anyway i finally did.

i then took it to a differant test station, my retest limit had expired and to be honest the thought of giving more money to the guy who owns the last one gets me down so thats my reason for taking it elsewhere (also because this one charges 35 instead of my usual 45!)

anyway, needless to say its failed on differant things, how something can go so wrong in 3 weeks is beyond me but its not my choice, somehow its failed on emmissions this time? does anyone know the emissions boundaries as they have printed me off a sheet containing the information.

i actually got a phone call of the mechanic asking for permission to remove my sunstrip, which i gladly said yes as i bought the van with it on, he told me at the time that it had passed other than that, alas no, my mum went and picked it up for me and the 'boss' came out and explained how it had failed and how it was about 180inc vat to repair, when she told him that id do it myself he got the hump with her :( money grabber

John
05-08-09, 05:23 PM
what EXACTLY did it fail on then?

let_nova
05-08-09, 05:24 PM
fail sheet FTW

mowgli
05-08-09, 05:25 PM
180 minus the cost of a test does not buy much diesel work.......

Tidy Max
05-08-09, 05:26 PM
offside front machphearson strut excessive.... (top mount) just been and bought one 28quid

exhaust emits an excessive level of metered smoke for a turbo charged engine?

John
05-08-09, 05:30 PM
good thrash i reckon before re-test should see it ok. Or does it smoke badly all the time? i'm guessing so as i've nver heard of it being a problem on the isuzu.

Tidy Max
05-08-09, 05:30 PM
engine temp: no temp taken

test limit applied: 3.00 1/m

absorption coefficient 4.59 1/m ---1/min 5.82 1/m ----1/min
3.65 1/m ----1/min 4.64 1/m ---1/min
5.43 1/m ---1/min 4.22 1/m ----1/min

zero drift: 0.02 1/m

Mean absoption coefficient: 4.89 1/m

mean absorption coefficient after correction: 4.87 1/m

Test type applied: Turbo

Test result: BIG FAT ****ING FAIL

Tidy Max
05-08-09, 05:31 PM
no mate doesnt smoke badly! mind you im sat in the front and have no rear view lol

but not that ive ever noticed, maybe get some redex to clear the engine out before?

and mowgli he wanted 180 for changing a top mount, a bulb, a fuel cap and a left rear view mirror not for the test aswell