PDA

View Full Version : gearbox removal

Cle
05-08-09, 02:37 PM
Right all the bolts are off it but the gbox wont split from the engine, Any ideas ?

Quick replys please folk :thumb:

therealnovaboy
05-08-09, 02:46 PM
could be just coroded on gove it a chap with a malet or the handle of a hamer ( bare in mind its aluminium and is easily damaged) then if the speedo cable and earth tag is of its just a case of removing the drive shafts and pulling it out of the engine.

Cle
05-08-09, 02:52 PM
could be just coroded on gove it a chap with a malet or the handle of a hamer ( bare in mind its aluminium and is easily damaged) then if the speedo cable and earth tag is of its just a case of removing the drive shafts and pulling it out of the engine.
the engine is out and lieing infront of the nova, ive hammered the fuk out of it with a rubber malet, theres a gap between the the box and engine now but there seems to be something stoping it from coming apart.

BIGS
05-08-09, 02:55 PM
What engine is it on

Pistol Pete
05-08-09, 02:56 PM
Check and re check. It is easy to miss a bolt, bracket etc. Maybe a gentle lever action with a blade dewdriver, but as said its alloy so be careful.

Leeboo
05-08-09, 02:57 PM
Take off the flywheel cover plate, 3 or 4 small bolts. Thats whats stopping it from separating

therealnovaboy
05-08-09, 02:59 PM
hmm. shouldnt be that difficult. try usin wedjes to open up the gap. there are locating dowels on some if the bolt holes. the ar steal and could have bonded to the aluminium. try and prize it off at these dowels. you need to get it off square or it will jam so wedje oposite sides. youll get about a 5mm gag then will just pop off (with any luck)

Cle
05-08-09, 03:00 PM
leeboo i think you could be right, please note its just coming off so i can move the engine lol so its going to scrap heap anyway

Leeboo
05-08-09, 03:04 PM
Its the banana shaped plate that covers the flywheel, just remove the bolts

FB_evolutions
05-08-09, 03:22 PM
Take off the flywheel cover plate, 3 or 4 small bolts. Thats whats stopping it from separating

spot on. i had same problam mate

Cle
05-08-09, 03:39 PM
yep done and dusted thanks , reppage on your way :thumb: