PDA

View Full Version : C16xe Help Wanted!!!

VXandy
05-08-09, 02:16 PM
As above my c16xe is quite poorly:

1. You have to put the ignition on for a few seconds before you start it otherwise it just wont start

2. It seems to rev on its own over 2000rpm+

3. It cuts out when you come to a stop

4. The EML is on

I've recently spoken to Chris Astley and he thiks the tension on the cambelt is very slack (without looking at it) and has told me to fit a new cambelt kit, i dont know much about these engines having only dealt with x14xe/x16xe's in the past, has anybody else had this problem before or does anybody know what else it could be?

+rep to anybody that could help

Many thanks

Andy :thumb:

AlexW
05-08-09, 02:29 PM
The dieing when coming to a stop is problery the speed sensor?

Revving over 2k could be the ICV, and flash the codes, If its the same as my tigra then its pin 5 and 6 on the fusebox diag port.

And the waiting to start is problery the fuel pump priming, my nova is the same, i dont know what causes it lol

Oh and as you should know theres feck all differance between the x16 and c16 when its not electrical that is lol.

PS: have you tried another AFM?

therealnovaboy
05-08-09, 02:38 PM
As above my c16xe is quite poorly:

1. You have to put the ignition on for a few seconds before you start it otherwise it just wont start

2. It seems to rev on its own over 2000rpm+

3. It cuts out when you come to a stop

4. The EML is on

I've recently spoken to Chris Astley and he thiks the tension on the cambelt is very slack (without looking at it) and has told me to fit a new cambelt kit, i dont know much about these engines having only dealt with x14xe/x16xe's in the past, has anybody else had this problem before or does anybody know what else it could be?

+rep to anybody that could help

Many thanks

Andy :thumb:

1. sounds like theres a leaky fuel line some where and either the ful in the lines running out or air is getting in, meaning you have to prime the pump every time before you start it.

2. cold be an air leak somewhere after the tb. check the rubber that joins the plenumn to the tb is not split.

3. was going to say check the speedo wire but think it is only the x16xes that control idle through the ecu using the speedo pickup. if it is a normal cable type it cant be that. clean the tb the egr makes them gum up and can cause the idle speed to drop a bit. a duff batery can also cause a car to cut out like that.