PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.3L 5 door modifications - is it worth it?

mudcow
24-02-03, 12:46 PM
Hi all the modders
Ive got a Nova 1.3L 5 door. There is a bit of rust in the boot and on the wheel arch which i will chip of and fill. the engine is in good order but need a new camshaft and ignition. I bought the car for ?150 and have been running it for a couple of months doing bits to it when money permits.

The Question is, does anyone think this car is worth doing up?. Or should i buy another nova for ?500?.

Alex
24-02-03, 01:08 PM
entirely up to you. if you want to be slightly different do up the 5 door, otherwise go for the 3 door. personally i like the 3 doors much more, but i have seen some very nice 5 doors

wisewood
24-02-03, 01:18 PM
with the right modifications you can make the 5 door look really smart.... and its much less likely you will see another car at your local cruise looking just like yours if you do the 5 door...

and the engine is sound enough... so why not?

locky
24-02-03, 05:02 PM
I have some new rust probs on the arches, i cant keep the secret in any longer lol! im getting new arches this yearand then rolled properly, Take a look at my link in the sig if u like m8!

_JH_
25-02-03, 12:03 AM
plus the rear arch problem is less significant. a mate of mine has a 5door with no mods bar gte alloys on 185 tyres. looks well cool as it is, and no rubbin, even when its full of people/surfboards

mudcow
25-02-03, 11:17 PM
yeah the car i am thinking of doing up is a 5 door. Is the rust a problem or can it be fixed

locky
26-02-03, 07:23 PM
It can be fixed! either CUT it ALL out, or get new arches, im gettin new arches this year, the winter killed em!

mudcow
01-03-03, 05:09 PM
people think i am mad for doing up an f reg nova becauce it has rust and they say if the wings have rusted then the chasis will have to so it is not worth fixing is this true.

locky
01-03-03, 05:29 PM
Nah, not really! like i sed, i got rust on the arches, doesnt mean the chassis is bad! just get a screwdriver n have a poke and a prod underneath! iv actually found a small crack on the front chassis but it needs 1 seam weld down! doesnt mean the car is a banger, plus, with alot of hard work n effort, u can make it look mint!

mudcow
03-03-03, 07:09 AM
cheers all!. its settled im going to make this car into a bad boy. ill keep you all posted and add some before and after pics of it so you can see my progress

mudcow
05-03-03, 04:10 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_thumbnail.php?id=414
heres the car i was talkin about