PDA

View Full Version : annoying parts on a nova.

Curtoise
03-08-09, 05:52 PM
list what things you hate on your cars.
lol
i hate the way when i turn the wheel, the steering colum hits my foot
the way the cluch pedal croaks
the way the brake pedal squeeks
the way the horn goe of when i turn the wheel fully left
and proberly many more i cant think of now....

wwmnw
03-08-09, 06:14 PM
The 1.2spi engine.

GDN16v
03-08-09, 06:19 PM
The very expensive new (old) nova parts that people sell!:(

Tidy Max
03-08-09, 06:22 PM
take that back wumanawoooo!

the 1.2i is a creation of god, the god of wheel spin lol

and yes the steering column hitting my foot is highly irrating, my size 12 work boots catch constantly!!! infact i would go as far to say that i could steer my car without using my hands!

"look! no hands!!"

Rich
03-08-09, 06:24 PM
Curtoise - it wouldnt be a nova without the squeaks and creeks! Thats what i love about them lol

Southie
03-08-09, 06:25 PM
All of them.

draper
03-08-09, 06:29 PM
the orange tint in the bodywork

wwmnw
03-08-09, 06:36 PM
take that back wumanawoooo!

the 1.2i is a creation of god, the god of wheel spin lol

Pfft if you can wheel spin my Nova for more than 3 seconds you got skillz, Damn thing is fooked.

Southie
03-08-09, 06:39 PM
Pfft if you can wheel spin my Nova for more than 3 seconds you got skillz, Damn thing is fooked.
Your weak lol get it to mine I'll show you how it's done. ;)

wwmnw
03-08-09, 06:42 PM
Your weak lol get it to mine I'll show you how it's done. ;)
:cry: I'm not weak, I have not long since (about 30 mins ago) taken a video of my engine (again) and all you hear is, taptaptaptaptaptappitytaptaptaptap.

Actually see here click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEjJ6Fm7EV0) a fullish video of the work I have cut out for me OH and its nsfw.

Curtoise
03-08-09, 08:02 PM
lol yeh, the steering collums the worst, but yeh some of it is funny, but some stuff just pisses me off lol
yh 1.2spi engines are ok, and you can wheelspin as long as you dont have a fat bloke in the passenger.

Nick J
03-08-09, 08:25 PM
Curtoise - it wouldnt be a nova without the squeaks and creeks! Thats what i love about them lol

Nail and head! :)

Johnny A
03-08-09, 08:52 PM
What about the stupid funny angle the steering wheel is at in the first place? Even worse the factory steering wheel had a kink in it so it looks level when your facing forward.

Lee H
03-08-09, 08:57 PM
Steering wheel for me as well. Especially after fitting an aftermarket steering wheel and bucket seats, its like you could share steering responsibilities with your passenger.

Benn
03-08-09, 08:58 PM
Why dont you fix the things you dont like?

Johnny A
03-08-09, 08:59 PM
Why dont you fix the things you dont like?

I have, apart from the squeeky pedals

Benn
03-08-09, 09:01 PM
Oil them, my clutch is quiet. Just oiled the pin.

Johnny A
03-08-09, 09:03 PM
too busy fitting engine to worry about that ben lol

ben doodar
03-08-09, 09:05 PM
lol yh theres that squeeky clutch thats the one that gets me. a mate of mine sprayed spray greese onto the one on his corsa, fixed it for a day and then came back worse than ever.
i dont mind the creeks n rattles myself, its all part of the experience lolthe dashboards dont half make some racket if you hit a sudden dip in the road etc

floydy13
03-08-09, 09:23 PM
the only thing annoying me at the mo is the hand brake cables vibrating on the zorst!

Lynsey
03-08-09, 09:41 PM
Nothing. My Nova is perfect :D I especially enjoy the squeak of the clutch :) as with all of my cars!

Curtoise
03-08-09, 10:20 PM
rofl, yeh wtf is up with the steering wheel thing?? and i tried oiling the clutch, i didnt work. and has anyone seen that top gear where they have the classic cars and make a tune with all the things that creak and bang. i will pay some1 to make a compilation of all the noices and make us guess what is what!!!!!!

another killer is the heater fan squeek!

Graeme
03-08-09, 10:24 PM
Mine has to be the steering wheel position, everything else I can live with or modify to suit

craig green
03-08-09, 10:26 PM
list what things you hate on your cars.
lol
i hate the way when i turn the wheel, the steering colum hits my foot
the way the cluch pedal croaks
the way the brake pedal squeeks
the way the horn goe of when i turn the wheel fully left
and proberly many more i cant think of now....

Your Nova sounds crap! lol

I hate the way water runs out from under the window surrounds after been chamois'd, or the way the sunroof squeaks.

I love my uprated engine mounts I love 4th gear at 10psi.

Curtoise
03-08-09, 10:35 PM
lol my nova is crap! lol

CoolTiger
03-08-09, 10:40 PM
small innner archs

craig green
03-08-09, 10:41 PM
lol my nova is crap! lol

Theres clearly nothing wrong with you, perfectly in touch with reality!

Adam
03-08-09, 10:42 PM
Strip the interior out, that way you cant hear any rattles or squeaks :roll: lol

novaboyopr
03-08-09, 10:44 PM
my gear lever that likes to rattle in 4th at about 3k arghhhh lol

Curtoise
03-08-09, 10:50 PM
Theres clearly nothing wrong with you, perfectly in touch with reality!

rofl, you speak the truth, and yeh many times iv looked at my gear nob and thought "did it always rattle that much" (no inuendo intended)

but i guess it gives them charecter !

novaboyopr
03-08-09, 11:03 PM
gonna take a mofo grease gun to it all this weekend that shoulf hopefully do the trick

L33 LEG
03-08-09, 11:11 PM
the steering wheel position is easily the most annoying. such a lazy ass design and couldnt be bothered to fix it so they just put it on a slight angle lol

CoolTiger
03-08-09, 11:16 PM
i hate on pov spec wheels when ur going in a stright line you cant see the clock on a mk2

bmw156
03-08-09, 11:18 PM
RUST

the sheer weakness of some of the parts, E.G lower arms

the many different base model interiors.

the stiffness of the mk2 glovebox handle

the screw under the mk2 headlight switch

Curtoise
03-08-09, 11:18 PM
rofl i dont have a clock so no worries!

paul james
03-08-09, 11:19 PM
RUST!
And the annoying door pins that are a right pain to remove too. I don't think anything else particularly bothers me.

L33 LEG
03-08-09, 11:22 PM
does anybody else find that the leccy window switches are the different way to any other car?

paul james
03-08-09, 11:24 PM
does anybody else find that the leccy window switches are the different way to any other car?

Yeah I'm so used to them being upside down now, that I automatically end up pressing the buttons the wrong way on other cars.

burgo
03-08-09, 11:54 PM
hmm this is a tuff one. the only really annoying thing is the back seat bar but then thats my design not the cars fault. i do love how stiff it is, i also love that it does 40mph in first lol

brainsnova
04-08-09, 01:59 AM
i hated how the passenger seat reclines when empty and you have to wind it back up.

~~joycey~~
04-08-09, 02:58 AM
:cry: I'm not weak, I have not long since (about 30 mins ago) taken a video of my engine (again) and all you hear is, taptaptaptaptaptappitytaptaptaptap.

Actually see here click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEjJ6Fm7EV0) a fullish video of the work I have cut out for me OH and its nsfw.

LOL cracks me up when your like its fooking shet! lol

Rep+

mowgli
04-08-09, 04:36 AM
well, pretty much everything mentioned apart from the steering wheel angle can be fixed. it just takes time & ingenuity. as for clutch/brake squeak.... take the pin out, then lube it & put it back.

burgo
04-08-09, 10:44 AM
am i the only one who doesnt notice the steering wheel angle whilst driving then??

wwmnw
04-08-09, 03:09 PM
am i the only one who doesnt notice the steering wheel angle whilst driving then??

Actually no, I have never ever noticed anything wrong with the steering wheel angle, Seems perfect to me even when I drive new cars and jump back in mine.

Lee H
04-08-09, 03:31 PM
I hardly noticed the steering angle with standard seats as you sit slightly different to accomodate it without noticing, however you can't do that in bucket seats and it becomes really noticeable.

Lee H
04-08-09, 03:31 PM

I swapped the two wires in the plug that goes on the motor as it annoyed me so much.

draper
04-08-09, 03:56 PM

i dont overly notice it, the wheel sits just right to rest your arm on the window and hold the wheel in a natural position ime

Lynsey
04-08-09, 03:57 PM

I knew about it but it never bothered me with a Nova steering wheel on. With the Astra GTE one, it's emphasized a lot. Still doesn't bother me though :roll:

mayhem
04-08-09, 03:57 PM
some owners.. lol

Lynsey
04-08-09, 04:01 PM
lol + rep

L33 LEG
04-08-09, 04:01 PM
I swapped the two wires in the plug that goes on the motor as it annoyed me so much.

i did that once too but i got so used to it that i kept getting it wrong again lol

Stuart
04-08-09, 04:11 PM
the clutch squeak is PART of the car!!!!!! its a bit of the novas soul. Dont destroy that!

as for weak lower suspension arms... never thought that. Plus I'd sooner kill one of those than kill the chassis ;)

Benn
04-08-09, 07:45 PM
RUST

the sheer weakness of some of the parts, E.G lower arms

the many different base model interiors.

the stiffness of the mk2 glovebox handle

the screw under the mk2 headlight switch

Wtf.lol

Dont own a rusty one.

Weakness of lower arms? Been driving my xe/let nova onthe same 3year old arms, never had a prob with them.

Stiffness on the glovebox handle? What the crap monkeys is that all about?
You a pussy or what?

And with out that screw the whole bit of trim would hang off...

i hated how the passenger seat reclines when empty and you have to wind it back up.

Wtf is wrong with your seat?

Man so many of you are winding pussys.

wwmnw
04-08-09, 07:54 PM
This thread is reminding me of so many problems with mine, I always thought I was just imagining the passengers seat moving its self overnight, Glad I'm not alone.

bigdan1
04-08-09, 08:03 PM
same as many the steering collum lol, creaky clutch pedal, squeaky brake pedal, the fact that i turn corners and the car likes to go straight in the wet lol and no im not going fast either lol, how i have a choke lol there is more but it wouldnt be as much fun to drive if t didnt have all of these "qualities" :D haha

Spudly
04-08-09, 08:12 PM

Um why didnt you just file out the plastic tabs that stop the switch going into the holder the opposite way and fit them the other way round lol

All of the niggles and faults, well mainly all of them are through lack of maintenance by the sound of it so the noises are your own fault, simple things like the heater motor squeak, oil the fecking spindle then other wise it will seize!

Paul
04-08-09, 08:32 PM
the most annoying thing on a nova is having the key and logbook to one, theyre **** and moneypits!

Tidy Max
04-08-09, 08:38 PM
i jus h8 it wen da 5-0 pul me ova evry sec of the day init blud lol prt n parcl of da nova doh ye

Benn
04-08-09, 09:00 PM
i jus h8 it wen da 5-0 pul me ova evry sec of the day init blud lol prt n parcl of da nova doh ye

Stop talking like a prick.

Spudly
04-08-09, 09:05 PM

You mean there were words in that mess, i thought he had jujst hit the keyboard randomly....... jdsghsflk jasfbl,anf ddfj alskhtrolugrfkwqb like so lol

Daz9124
04-08-09, 09:09 PM
Deffo the fact the steering wheel isn't central to your driving position

Beens 5 years scince ive had a nova and i still sit at an angle to compensate

Southie
04-08-09, 09:10 PM
You mean there were words in that mess, i thought he had jujst hit the keyboard randomly....... jdsghsflk jasfbl,anf ddfj alskhtrolugrfkwqb like so lol
Fpmslinaspazmodicwayreadingkeyboardwizardrywithast ammer lol

Curtoise
04-08-09, 10:16 PM
Um why didnt you just file out the plastic tabs that stop the switch going into the holder the opposite way and fit them the other way round lol

All of the niggles and faults, well mainly all of them are through lack of maintenance by the sound of it so the noises are your own fault, simple things like the heater motor squeak, oil the fecking spindle then other wise it will seize!

lol i have oiled it ! lol and it came back, its as if they hate having the squeeks removed. like a human being gaged.

lol the steering position, is this why i sit over to the left in my seat?? i have often found i have been leaning to the left.

Curtoise
04-08-09, 10:17 PM

PMSL lol ^^^^^

Tidy Max
05-08-09, 08:06 AM
:( txt typing joke, apologies.... now if someone would like to hand me a length of rope, im late for my date with a wooden beam