View Full Version : 2.0 cav GSI in to nova SRi

nova_geezer
23-02-03, 10:21 PM
i have a cav GSi car that my parents have given to me as it has been rear ended. it still drives tho. It has been chipped and is rapid.

Any way i have a nova mk2, 1.4 SRi multi point injection,
what will be needed to put the engine in the nova, is there a kit to get to that the cav engine can go into the nova nicely, and how much is this. will i need to put the cav gearbox in aswell, or is my gearbox ok. How much am i lookin at getting this conversion done and where can i go.

Seeing as i have the cav gsi, what else could be transfered to my nova for maximum power.

sorry to a pain, i am new to this really, and jus want my nova to be mental. the cav is chipped and tuned and hits 60 at under 6 or 7 seconds.

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 10:28 PM
think u need to use your existing nova g/box, although someone will confirm that for you

take a look at www.valvers.com theres some useful stuff in there

Aragorn
24-02-03, 11:24 AM
mike: SHHHH

it will be a C20XE

if u check out valvers.com like mike mentioned they have a full fitting guide for it

basicaly involves:

strenghthening the engine ba
getting custom shafts for the F20
denting the drivers side chassis leg to fit the alternator
custom engine mounts
some wiring

and thats prolly about it

u may need uprated springs for the front cos the engine is about 50kg heavier than the original lump

the guide is on there neway - and im sure there are folk on here who would be willing to give u a hand (i know ste_sa was offering installation for a modest fee, whether that is open to anyone im not sure)

Ste_Nova
24-02-03, 11:39 AM
too far away from me for me to do it!!!

mikeoxford
24-02-03, 02:12 PM
mike: SHHHH

????? :oops:

Ben (lurk75)
24-02-03, 03:09 PM
too far away from me for me to do it!!!

your getting fussy.

Ste_Nova
24-02-03, 03:52 PM
lol he's inside the M25!!

Ben (lurk75)
24-02-03, 03:57 PM
meet him in the servies half way, i expect you could do it there eh ste?

nova_geezer
24-02-03, 07:44 PM
thanks for the help. If anyone out there coulddo the conversion for me i would be grateful, Im only on the border of the M25. How much would someone want for the conversion.

J

whitey
24-02-03, 07:53 PM
Ha yeah!

Funny if ya did that! Either drive both cars up and dump cav after or stick cav engine in boot of nova, sure they both feesible options! LOL!

Ben (lurk75)
24-02-03, 10:39 PM
I drove from Bristol to Camarthen with my 16v engine in the boot of my GSi and its lowered 35mm and it was fine.

brian
27-02-03, 12:49 PM
Hi ben, a friend of mine is after a F13cr. can't be got over here. any available over there and how much? I presume he will sort out getting it to here if ya have one,
Thanks
Brian

Ben (lurk75)
28-02-03, 12:16 PM
Sorry brina been of here for a few days, i was speaking to a friend yesterday who has 3, will speak to him and PM you, (will be cheap)