PDA

View Full Version : How much

nova-saloon
03-08-09, 03:25 PM
Went to my local bodyshop earlier to get a quote for painting a new wing on my mk1 nova. I tell the guy that i can supply the new wing and he comes away with a price of £130 plus vat:eek: . Am i right in thinking this is a bit expensive or am i just being tight.

wwmnw
03-08-09, 03:26 PM
Overpriced just a tad.

nova-saloon
03-08-09, 03:31 PM
Thats what i thought. Away to phone a few places that are further from me, hopefully i get quoted a better price.

bai1ey
03-08-09, 03:37 PM
i supplied the paint and the wing. a bloke near me painted it for 30 quid that is a vectra c just to give you a idea

craig green
03-08-09, 03:38 PM
They are clearly pricing themselves out of the job as they dont want to do a puny job on a w**ky car. Simples.

Paul
03-08-09, 03:49 PM
That is about right, maybe a tad overpriced but expect to pay over £100 for the first panel.

With paintwork, the saying 'you get what you pay for' couldn't be more true.

nova-saloon
03-08-09, 03:58 PM
The lowest price i managed to get was £90. My dad's away to phone a few of his mates to see if he can get it done as a homer.

Jack
03-08-09, 05:29 PM
That is about right, maybe a tad overpriced but expect to pay over £100 for the first panel.

Took the words right out my mouth.

First panel will always be the most expensive, you'd probably find he'd do another wing for an extra £20 or so.

16v Nova Kev
03-08-09, 05:36 PM

people forget you have to buy a minimum of paint just to do a wing i.e 20quid for a quarter litre :thumb:

CoolTiger
03-08-09, 10:35 PM
we dont even charge that for a bumper painting and a wing is like 100x easyer than that

burgo
03-08-09, 11:58 PM
why would you want to pay the lowest price you can. the less you pay the worse the job is gonna be. i got a quote to paint my estate. came back with 2k + which is fully what i was expecting as having worked in a bodyshop i know what effort goes into painting a car

nova-saloon
04-08-09, 12:27 AM
i want to find the lowest price i can because money is very short atm. and why the less i pay the worse the job, its there career and they should be good at it, if not why do it

Jack
04-08-09, 07:44 AM
and why the less i pay the worse the job, its there career and they should be good at it, if not why do it
Because if they quote cheap prices they get people who think "cheapest = best" lol

Plug
04-08-09, 09:10 AM
with any thing in life you pay for what you get.

cheap isnt best

burgo
04-08-09, 10:46 AM
cos if you pay a cheap price they let the apprentice do it lol.

how long and how much work do you think goes into painting a panel properly??

Dod
04-08-09, 10:49 AM
I actually have a guy that paints for me and he couldnt be cheaper. No one can beat his price and he always does a top job and I'm not talking sh1t either. Keith Robinson has seen one of the Novas he did for €500 incl any prep, filling etc that was needed. Ok, it needed a proper run with a powerbuffer but it was still spot on.

nova-saloon
04-08-09, 04:45 PM
how long and how much work do you think goes into painting a panel properly??

A brand new panel with no dents etc. about 2 hours worth of labour i'd say. Correct me if i'm wrong.