PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 SR standard exhaust

leggattr
02-08-09, 04:48 PM
Iv just fitted this to the 1.3 engine and wanted to check a few things. i havent got a gasket between the manifold and twin downpipe, i guess there should be one but everywhere i look they all say for a 1.4 up but not for a 1.3. will the i.4 gasket fit this system?
Also it is much louder than the 1.2 system that was fitted (bit like a tractor), there is alittle smoke coming from the downpipe-manifold join so could this be the issue. i think it is burning some dirt and greese off aswell which is normal as its been laying around for a while.

Any help is greatful.
cheers

AlexW
02-08-09, 05:18 PM
The smoke could eather be stuff burning off or exhaust gasses due to the missing gasket, the 1.4 gasket should be the same, if you have a pic of the orignal 1.3 item or an idea of what it looks like i May be able to help.

craig green
02-08-09, 05:19 PM
You need that gasket ideally. Also IIRC the cast manifold is different on the 1.4, so supports your fact of the gasket not being for the 1.3.

leggattr
02-08-09, 05:40 PM
the system is the same as dec has on his sport but cant see if he had used a gasket in his, may give him a pm but wanted to see if any sr owners know

jimbob-mcgrew
02-08-09, 09:17 PM
dont worry about the smoke burning off it, that's most probably oil stains evapourating off, doesnt last long.
you'll need that gasket tho, most probably the reason why its sounding like a tractor, blowing from there no doubt.
ive got a feeling the 1.3 gasket is different to the rest, fairly sure i spotted one on ebay while i was looking for a 1.4.

this is a 1.4 gasket. im semi-certain the 1.3 is symetrical in desgin rather than the parralelogram shape 1.4 gasket u see here. im sure youll know as soon as you examine the pipe faces.
http://i20.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/b4/91/5ca3_1.JPG

EDIT : found it, this is 1.3 gasket : (soz bout the small pic, but u get the idea)
http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/0e/fc/4752_12.JPG