PDA

View Full Version : Boot release solenoid

geordie_racer
23-02-03, 07:43 PM
i no this is a vaux site but this question will help my nova. does ne1 no if the electronic boot release solenoid used on fiesta's and the like reset themselves using a spring or by reversing the polarity of the circuit?

cheers
chris

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 10:25 PM
as i just informed u on msn mate and for anyone else reading, i dont think you can buy a solnoid that "resets itself"

all its job is to do is push or pull depending on the way its wired

the actual spring mechanism is either in door catch / latch itself.......

Ballsy
23-02-03, 10:26 PM
hey m8, after you press the switch to open the boot on fords you dont have reset them, it does it by itself

hope that hepled m8

Ballsy

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 10:30 PM
hey m8, after you press the switch to open the boot on fords you dont have reset them, it does it by itselfhope that hepled m8Ballsy

:| because theres SPRINGS on the locks!

if you pull the handle on the outside of your door, what happnes when you let go? it springs back

if you pull the handle on the inside of your door, what happnes when you let go? it springs back

if you push the button on the handle on the boot, what happnes when you let go? it springs back

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 10:30 PM
sorry just read that its a bit harsh, not avin a good evening u get the point though

no offence meant mate

geordie_racer
24-02-03, 10:51 AM
no probs mike i no the question of how solenoids work cums up quite often n it gets frustratin repeatin urself

mikeoxford
24-02-03, 02:04 PM
:oops: sorry, just in past couple of days i said same thing over and over and no one listens! unless its difrent people askin i never thought to ask
:?

well anyway.

apologies :oops:

Freak
24-02-03, 03:28 PM
Fiesta ones when in a fiesta boot have a spring return mech built onto them......
remove this- then wire it into your nova as normal.

When the current stops when its wired into the nova, it will return.
Quite simple really.
Current on-open
Current off-shut