PDA

View Full Version : Sam Hawkes

xe_nova9
02-08-09, 04:13 PM
Does anyone know this bloke? I sent him a cheque for a bumper and he said he'd send the bumper once the cheque cleared, fair enough. Said that he'd give the bumper to his mate on the wednesday to send as he works for dhl and he went on holiday on the thursday. This started about 3 weeks ago, didnt recieve it for couple days then rang him up whilst he was in spain and wanted to know what was going on. He said he gets back friday 31st and he'd go to his mates and get me a tracker number and let me know what was going on! Tried ringing him and his phone is off and text him haven't heard from him since friday!

He's fron Leigh, Manchester way, He sounded really genuine when I spoke to him on the phone etc and when I said that I haven't recieved it, getting pi55ed off now as cars going on for spraying soon.

If anyone knows him to get hold of please get in touch with me or something.

Thanks.

twistysnovagte
02-08-09, 05:13 PM
just cancel the cheque,and buy elsewhere

novaguy08
02-08-09, 10:53 PM
Send him a text or email if poss saying he has 24 hours to come up with the tracking number or the cheque will get canceled..... Should you not be able to cancel the cheque (being as bankers are :tosser:) call the police............ at end of day its theft/obtaining money through deception if he giving you the run about.

Pistol Pete
02-08-09, 11:13 PM
As said, cancel the cheque. Whats his user name on here? Name and shame for others to see IMO.

xe_nova9
03-08-09, 09:12 PM
spoken to him now he said it got send last wednesday and should turn up either tuesday 4th or wednesday the 5th, he said it got sent as a foreigner or something?! Can i cancel a cheque after its been cashed? So ill wait till wednesday and see wat happens, he still seems genuine about it, can anyone think wat he's up to?

Pistol Pete
04-08-09, 12:08 AM
Sent as a foreigner, W.T.F???? Sounds to me like he is pulling a fast one. But i stand to be corrected. Once a cheque has been cashed, no, you cant cancel it.

Stuart
04-08-09, 03:52 PM
you can cancel a cashed cheque, but it costs a bit bit of monies

let_nova
04-08-09, 04:18 PM
indemnity (sp) claim also available on a direct debit payment. costs fook all

novaguy08
04-08-09, 09:58 PM
did you get the tracking number off him??

It shouldnt be sent as forign mail as its staying inside the UK borders!

ade
04-08-09, 10:56 PM
I think the "foreigner" is his mate doing it on the sly - probably find it'll go round the houses as its passes "secret mail" between delivery routes till it gets to you.

Get the tracking number

xe_nova9
05-08-09, 10:10 PM
he wont give me the tracking number. He keeps saying oh ill get in touch with my mate then when i ask him again he says oh i couldnt get hold of him etc etc you dont understand how many times ive asked him, and yea i could understand if it was getting sent round the houses but been nearly 4 weeks. If i was to get police or suchlike involved wouldnt they just say you shouldnt have given money to someone you dont know etc etc and doubt they'd do anything about it anytime soon.

novaguy08
06-08-09, 07:27 AM
gives more reason to use paypal or something similar, told you, call him & tell him he has 24 hours as your fed up with ****ing about & you want your bit ASAP, if he hasnt got you your tracking number or the bit doesnt appear VERY soon the police will get called and you WILL get your money back!