PDA

View Full Version : Pas

wwmnw
01-08-09, 11:49 PM
Is it worth putting power steering on a Nova? Has anyone done it before? I have a C16XE and an X16XEL so I have all the parts readily available and its one of them thoughts that go's round your mind for a while.

Will it work straight away or will I have to mod some parts?

Is it worth doing?

wwmnw
01-08-09, 11:52 PM
Meh quick search says no.

mowgli
01-08-09, 11:58 PM
people have done it with electric columns & i believe corsa racks, but unless you have the wrists of kate moss, its not worth the cost

wwmnw
02-08-09, 12:17 AM
Yeah I looked at some of the posts that popped up after a search and it seemed pointless, Just wondered how much lighter it made the steering.

Decent tyres ftw, Swapped the nankangs I had on for my mates parada spec 2 for a bit and the difference is unreal, So much smoother and better grip.

AlexW
02-08-09, 12:20 AM
Unless you have a quik rack and/or some seriours need for it, rally or some kind of autotesting then i cant see the point. That or you need to join the gym.

The best way is to use a corsa EPAS collum, which is nice and easy to do. Or a Corsa Fluid rack and have the arms shortend, using a Saxo/106 electric pas pump, and custom pipes. Both are around the same cost of about £150 at most iirc.

wwmnw
02-08-09, 12:23 AM
That or you need to join the gym.

lollol Funnily enough I do, But not because I cant turn a steering wheel, Because I barely fit in the seat :cry: lollol

The best way is to use a corsa EPAS collum, which is nice and easy to do. Or a Corsa Fluid rack and have the arms shortend, using a Saxo/106 electric pas pump, and custom pipes. Both are around the same cost of about £150 at most iirc.

**** it, Not worth it, Like I said, I'm sure a decent set of tyres will be just as good as pas.