PDA

View Full Version : Rear Suspension

Anonymous
07-12-00, 04:37 PM
Hi Guys, I have a 91 1.4SR, I can hear a knocking coming from the rear left of my car when the car is in motion (at any speed). I think it's the suspension as I was told it would need renewing in the next few months. I heard a similar sound from the front of the car when my front suspension was going. Could I be having the same problem with the rear suspension or could it be something else? Cheers in advance, Jim

Anonymous
07-12-00, 05:21 PM
mine does that on the rears drivers side, my shock absorber has gone ! Thats all thats wrong with mine.

Anonymous
07-12-00, 06:20 PM
If its pothole and bump related its your shock m8

Anonymous
08-12-00, 08:00 AM
Is it an ocasional knock when you go over a bump or a constant repetative knocking that increases with speed?

Anonymous
08-12-00, 08:43 AM
It's a repetative knocking that increases/decreases depending on what speed I'm doing.

Anonymous
08-12-00, 12:12 PM
It doesn't sound like the suspension as this would be effected by bumps and pot holes ect..Sounds like the rear shoes could be binding or the wheel bearing is on it,s way out? Jack it up and remove the wheel, see if it turns freely or if you can feel the brakes binding they might need adjusting or the shoes may be worn.

Anonymous
08-12-00, 12:46 PM
Make sure the wheel nuts are tight on the rear wheel! I bet Kwik dick or charlie browns told you the suspension was knackered and would need replacing?

Anonymous
08-12-00, 01:24 PM
alright J, I get that same problem mate, I was told it is my wheel bearing. oh yeah I'll route out that old Nova ad for you.